What, if any, are your regrets with your Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Options you wish you'd gotten you didn't?

Options you got but aren't worth it?

Pining for a newer model with more gizmos, nostalgic for an earlier one with more...less?

Modifications you made that didn't work out exactly as you'd hoped?

Just curious, I'm sure overall that anyone who owns one and cares enough to join the forum likes it overall but I often find the "what I wish I'd have done" equally enlightening.

ReefBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing I would like to have done was to buy more take off parts soon after buying the truck. You used to be able to get a complete set of 2017 shocks for anywhere from 600-800, brand new. I also have a super cab, so there are parts that are super rare to get. I would have bought some spares.

I don't think I would have got the beadlock wheels. I'm planning on setting my tires up beadlock style this summer, but it is just for show as I'm not offroading it like I thought I would when I bought the truck. The option doesn't seem to be worth it.

Also be careful, don't buy a bunch of equipment you're never going to use: How many people here who drag around two spare tires in a bed rack blow their tires that frequently?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
One thing I would like to have done was to buy more take off parts soon after buying the truck. You used to be able to get a complete set of 2017 shocks for anywhere from 600-800, brand new. I also have a super cab, so there are parts that are super rare to get. I would have bought some spares.

I don't think I would have got the beadlock wheels. I'm planning on setting my tires up beadlock style this summer, but it is just for show as I'm not offroading it like I thought I would when I bought the truck. The option doesn't seem to be worth it.

Also be careful, don't buy a bunch of equipment you're never going to use: How many people here who drag around two spare tires in a bed rack blow their tires that frequently?
True, but, those tire rails are great for suitcases too. At least my wife’s suitcases.

OP
OP
CruiserClass

CruiserClass

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 screw here. After the issues with leaking id probably be fine without a sunroof even though I do like it. Kinda wish it had a electric lock tailgate but i can always add it later, Other than that i like all the other options.

I've read on here that the roof can be problematic, but that's one of my draws to the F-150 version over the Ranger version (and the fact the F-150 exists while the Ranger is date TBD). Is there maintenance that is required to help keep it from leaking? Cleaning drains or the like?

I'd like to have the 360 degree camera. Wish I didn't have the step. Glad I don't have the moonroof. Happy to have the Torsen. Thrilled to have a key instead of a fob.

360 is on my list of things that seem like it would be pretty useful. Particularly since I'm likely to be out alone most of the time and not have anyone to spot.

3Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could do without the sunroof, never use it, and never use them on any of my cars.

I am back and forth on whether I would like the tailgate applique. 50/50 on that one.

Would LOVE to have the Gen3 auto start / stop delete that is apparently due to supply issues. Nice benefit to have it removed, and a feature that should never exist to start with.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
I've read on here that the roof can be problematic, but that's one of my draws to the F-150 version over the Ranger version (and the fact the F-150 exists while the Ranger is date TBD). Is there maintenance that is required to help keep it from leaking? Cleaning drains or the like?

360 is on my list of things that seem like it would be pretty useful. Particularly since I'm likely to be out alone most of the time and not have anyone to spot.
Yeah keep them tubes clean and tracks greased. The tubes also can come off at the roof drain on the tray so that’s another thing to watch for, i put little zip ties on those ends lol. it also drains into the rockers, up here its salty in the winter so it’ll drain some salty water in the rockers but the rockers get salty in non roof models too….