GEN 2 What I would like to see in a 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know a v8. Now that that has been mentioned, we can move on

Ambient lighting on side tray of console

Be able to shut engine stop sign function off and it stays off

Maintain the functions selected on startup.

Blacked out third brake light

Turn signal in mirror face

Perforated metal dead pedal

Latch on seat back release

Key you could carry that is user friendly

Radar on front for a kid running in front of you

Adaptive cruise that you can set to 10 secs

Secure idle

What do you want to see?

OP
OP
D

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be nice if you could get a Cdn model without the plastic tailgate. Tough to wash the crap out from behind, so that will rot tailgate

OP
OP
D

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have seen a piece of 1/4 x 1 flatbar lay on a gravel floor were its was damp underneath. In 2 years it was too cavitated to use. You are rite . It is aluminium, not stainless

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to see the stop-and-go compatible adaptive cruise, that can handle bringing the truck to a full stop. For that matter, I'd like to see that as a firmware update to the '17s, but I don't know if the hardware compatibility will allow for that.

Additionally, an option that a buddy of mine has on his Dodge 2500 would be nice... it's a cargo/bed camera located in the 3rd/cab-mounted brake light. He can check it while driving to ensure that the cargo in the bed hasn't shifted (or left the premises). It's pretty damned slick, IMO.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Ambient lighting on side tray of console

Maintain the functions selected on startup.

Turn signal in mirror face

Perforated metal dead pedal

Latch on seat back release

Key you could carry that is user friendly

Radar on front for a kid running in front of you

Adaptive cruise that you can set to 10 secs

Secure idle

I don’t disagree with any of those. Not my top of the list, but they’re worthy suggestions, as is the bed camera.

Be able to shut engine stop sign function off and it stays off
Although I do agree with this suggestion, that would probably cost the truck 1-2mpg and they’re probably using this tech to up their compliance with CAFE. Don’t hold your breath.

Blacked out third brake light

This one is probably a non starter. brake lights are required to have a certain output and DOT certification would be a challenge.

I’d like to see

front brake pad / rotor upgrade.

selectable “default” transfer case setting with various drive modes, or remove the “default” on some drive modes - normal and sport for example.

DrumReaper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I certainly like mine as is... except for the sound system which has its weak points.

I'd like to see 18" wheels and better brakes with a hub/spindle similar to the 350.

OP
OP
D

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It would be nice to see brakes with a piston inside and out , that the assembly doesn't have to slide. You would think it would stop the things from seizing up and braking from 1 side of the rotor. And if it could give you better stopping even better