6.2 What headers to go with Corsa extreme exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I want to add some headers to my 2012 raptor but I’m not sure which headers to pick or which ones would fit my truck? My goal is to get that nasty raspy sound almost like a mustang with corsa headers and corsa extreme exhaust set up, not sure if corsa has headers for a 2012 raptor…

Gary E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take a look at Stainless Works headers. I have their true dual exhaust system with Lightning style side exit that is made to connect to their headers. I adapted it to the stock exhaust by taking out the stock "Y" connection. I like their products. They use 304 grade stainless steel.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pick your headers for quality. They don't have too much effect on sound (other than making things louder)

A big part of the modern mustang sound is the 4v engine, cam profile, the wide VVT spread, and the exhaust crossover. If you want that raspy rev and cackle you will need to go to an x pipe. You can "sort of" get it out of the y pipe, but it will never be what you're looking for. To mimic the sound you will want to run a lightning style exhaust, the shorter the better. You will also need cams to get the RPM. Run the Corsa extreme with resonator delete and you will at least get some jackhammer noise, but it won't have that wound out race car sound you're looking for.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have SW long tubes and true dual exhaust on my raptor and I have Magnaflow 1 7/8 headers and 3” dual exhaust with crossover on my mustang, the Raptor just can’t achieve the high rpms quick enough to mimic my Stang, not even close. Maybe if you supercharge it, idk. Good luck! I think like others have said, shorter exhaust but it will be loud, you may need to insulate the cab, lol.