What have you guys used to clean the Recaro blue alcantara seats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got this stuff from amazon. Haven't used it yet because I only had the truck for 3 weeks. Watched some youtube vid's and it looked like a good product ? Just copy and paste description to amazon and check it out.
(Chemical Guys SPI_210_16 Fabric Guard Interior Protector Shield (16 oz)

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 303 protectant and it is good stuff, Have you actually used in on Alcantara?

Sorry, I guess alcantara hasn't been tried, but I used on all other things. My last F150 had some suede-like material and worked great on them. Also I had both vehicles previously coated from dealer with some sort of voodoo spray protectant stuff... Not sure if I believe it or not. I also care for my stuff so don't know if it was the protectant or me... Haha

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Decided to detail the inside of my car which has quite a bit of Alcantara. It looked clean but was a little matted in some areas.

First, vacuum.
Brush with a dry horsehair brush.
There was some additional dust and dirt.

Then I applied the Sonax cleaner. First I was applying it to the fabric. But then I applied it to the HH brush and agitated the fabric.

Wipe it up with clean MF towel. The Alcantara is all fluffed up now and smells great. As a bonus, I tried the Sonax on the leather and it works great too. I wiped the leather down with a damp towel. Hope that helps.

AFEF3BA2-8C85-4BB3-8D63-5E2E1DBE65F5.jpeg

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
Looks great and doesn’t look like it changed the color at all, win win

Decided to detail the inside of my car which has quite a bit of Alcantara. It looked clean but was a little matted in some areas.

First, vacuum.
Brush with a dry horsehair brush.
There was some additional dust and dirt.

Then I applied the Sonax cleaner. First I was applying it to the fabric. But then I applied it to the HH brush and agitated the fabric.

Wipe it up with clean MF towel. The Alcantara is all fluffed up now and smells great. As a bonus, I tried the Sonax on the leather and it works great too. I wiped the leather down with a damp towel. Hope that helps.

View attachment 144631