What have I done

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you know how to use a meter properly, to test the fuses? Just asking, a lot of people don't.

That would be me. Ain’t nobody got time for that! Just kidding but I wish I had you guy’s prowess with this electrical & mechanical stuff...just not my cup of tea so I have my buddy hook me up.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always a good idea to undo the battery anytime you are tinkering, even if it’s just something mechanical, ground wires and sensors are everywhere. Just best to undo that 10mm and save yourself all the headache

I know that doesn’t help solve your issue now but I would grab a fuse kit and a tester and run through them all, start at 1 and go to the end.

Also just to ask the obvious question, you do have your key right?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always a good idea to undo the battery anytime you are tinkering, even if it’s just something mechanical, ground wires and sensors are everywhere. Just best to undo that 10mm and save yourself all the headache

I know that doesn’t help solve your issue now but I would grab a fuse kit and a tester and run through them all, start at 1 and go to the end.

Also just to ask the obvious question, you do have your key right?
:eek:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can probe the fuses pretty simply with a test light as well. Also a power probe works.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome but obviously not under the best circumstances. I see a truck and a pooch so your in!

All fuses look good that you can see, and you disconnected the battery. We’re you only working with the upfitter switch wiring or did you tap into some other circuit at some point? Did you arc a positive against something at some point?

@FordTechOne Can you suggest what he can look at regarding this?

P.S. Pooches get you that extra help. Lucky for this pic LOL

Op,

I recommend to start by retracing all of your work. That includes every wire that may have been touched or manipulated and any components/wires in the surrounding area. Did you unplug any factory connectors? If so, verify that they are fully seated and the locking mechanism is engaged. If you can’t find any visual concerns, move on to checking the fuses as @CoronaRaptor suggested. If the fuses are all good, your best bet will be to have it looked at by the dealer. If you have a generic ODB2 scanner, it won’t pull DTCs from any module other than the PCM.

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Op,

I recommend to start by retracing all of your work. That includes every wire that may have been touched or manipulated and any components/wires in the surrounding area. Did you unplug any factory connectors? If so, verify that they are fully seated and the locking mechanism is engaged. If you can’t find any visual concerns, move on to checking the fuses as @CoronaRaptor suggested. If the fuses are all good, your best bet will be to have it looked at by the dealer. If you have a generic ODB2 scanner, it won’t pull DTCs from any module other than the PCM.
but wont his electrical modifications void his warranty? bahahah