GEN 2 what fuses correlate to the AUX switches ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Baja lights stopped working in aux2. They are not overpowered as 12A go through that aux. I want to check if I still blew a fuse. Which fuse should I be looking for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I don't recall off the top of my head but check your owners manual. Somewhere around the 300s or so is the fuse chart. Look in the back under fuses, it'll tell you what page to go to. It's the fuse panel inside your engine bay.

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had my XL80s go out. Checked the truck fuse for the upfitter and it was fine. My harness had its own fuse and that was blown. Might want to check that too.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Same here. I run my XL80s on SW1 and they've worked fine. While I was at Rausch Creek a few weeks back I had a weird issue where the XL80s melted against the LP9s. Not sure how that happened as I only ran them for 1 run so far. I pulled them apart and they worked. I've never had an issue and i've had them on for a LONG time at previous events, and in the summer. We had 30 degree temps and lower and still had issues. It's weird that you also had a similar issue Cigar with them. Now I had also been messing around under my hood the previous day, swapping out some fuses in my upfitters (i plugged a laser light into the wrong upfitter to test something quickly not thinking and it popped the fuse).

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same here. I run my XL80s on SW1 and they've worked fine. While I was at Rausch Creek a few weeks back I had a weird issue where the XL80s melted against the LP9s. Not sure how that happened as I only ran them for 1 run so far. I pulled them apart and they worked. I've never had an issue and i've had them on for a LONG time at previous events, and in the summer. We had 30 degree temps and lower and still had issues. It's weird that you also had a similar issue Cigar with them. Now I had also been messing around under my hood the previous day, swapping out some fuses in my upfitters (i plugged a laser light into the wrong upfitter to test something quickly not thinking and it popped the fuse).

Melted? :wtf2:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. I was getting ready for a 2nd run and my damn driver's side window would not work. Nothing on the driver's side panel worked. So I started checking fuses. Started under the hood and noticed the XL80 upfitter connection sheething was melted against my LP9s. Now what's weird is the LP9 upfitters pull NO current... the upfitters are just a trigger wire for my LVJ Motorsports panel. So i was stumped. The issue I had with my door was a fuse under my passenger footwell was blown (the same fuse I used a t-tap on for my dash cam's battery).

I must have shorted SOMETHING something somehow. Maybe with water freezing up under the hood or something overnight. No idea where. EVERYTHING has been working flawlessly for about 6 months, and i've done a trip from NY to FL in that time... no clue how the hell it did that. My only guess is

1) Water froze in a circuit from the days run before and shorted it
2) Somehow I loosened a wire from the day earlier checking on fuses.. but all of my wires are protected by plastic sheething and/or a mesh sheething.

If it's one thing I do right... it's wiring. The only guy who does wiring better then me I've seen is Keith over at LVJ (now that guy is OCD when it comes to wiring).

But since you mentioned an issue with XL80's also I wonder if it's an XL80 thing... I'll have to ask Baja if they've had any weird issues with the lights pulling more amps then they should