GEN 2 What else is in your garage?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Wait a sec, not all second Gen Raptors have torsen diffs? I had no idea. That’s my main (and only) complaint about 4A. I agree with you that it’s by far the most effective way to put power down in any scenario, there’s just a part of me that enjoys the feeling of the vehicle I’m driving trying to **** me with no nannies there to prevent it lol
I do not enjoy 4A. Torque Steer is really bad. I wish I could keep it on all the time but I find myself not even using it in snow or off road either.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do not enjoy 4A. Torque Steer is really bad. I wish I could keep it on all the time but I find myself not even using it in snow or off road either.
Same here. Torque steer sucks. Reminds me of a FWD car, something I grew out of long ago.
Ps. How is K I L L a censored word??

RotorOver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno man I think when push comes to shove its really all dependent on how the dealer treats a warranty issue - I wouldn't put THAT much merit on 3rd party warranty claims. That being said, while I've heard of people getting pushback for warranty work due to TQ arms in the rear end, taller/stiffer front springs, larger FMIC, for all the concern & questions honestly I personally have yet to hear from ANYONE having an issue w/ warrantied drivetrain work due to a tune. That's not to say it can't/couldn't happen - I just haven't heard it. I had warranty work performed on my previous tuned 2018 Raptor - I tuned back to stock when I had it done - but didn't dealer wasn't going to dig into it one way or the other, they just ID the issue & (esp if there's a known TSB or its a common quirk) they just move forward w/ the repair & call it a day. The 3.5 ** has a forged crank, it has PLENTY of fueling capability in stock form for a tune-only setup, & w/ a tune from someplace like gearhead or goose or livernois, in many ways I think they help PRESERVE the tranny/transfer case vs. the stock programming IMHO.

My 2018 had the Gearhead tune for 28k miles w/ 0 issues (other than a chick broadsiding me @ 40 mph totaling it....which wasn't tune related lol!)

Either way - I think your mindset of driving it around stock getting used to the new truck for a few thousand miles before doing any mods is a good one. Enjoy the truck!
Yeah, I went that route with the Cayman. I was confident in the APR tune as it seemed to utilize more of the ECU engine safety functions than the stock tune. Glad to hear warranty claim denials for drive train issues on just a tune are not prevalent and there is a good hardy set-up on the Raptor. Seemed to be common in the BMW community, but pushing things beyond a safe set-up is also very common there. The odds of a catastrophic failure on just a tune are probably close to zero with a well known, safe tune/tuner, as you said, at least that's what I told myself with the Cayman as well! But, I've always prescribed to the "gotta pay to play" philosophy on this stuff, so I go in eyes wide open for sure.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't think this year is the move for another supercar, maybe a RSV4 or a 959 Pangale. I can't justify the F12 or the Aventador this year, I need a house or a condo first.

But what is the housing market doing, I'm tired of cocky sellers.

RapidRedGEN2DFW

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Currently I have a 2017 Infiniti QX70S in addition to the my Raptor. I just sold my 370Z and got rid of my 2004 S2000 a couple of years ago. I may look into another sports car in 2022.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir