What drop down Trailer Hitch are you guys using?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottR

Reaction score
The B&W 5" drop is perfect om my 2022 Raptor with 35's. It has all the adjust up or down you will ever need.

Dr Racecraft

I’ma need about 3.50
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got the B&W 7” drop bc I needed to pop the prop on the boat up a bit more.

Love the B&W, if I was doing it again I would prolly look a bit more at weight distribution but I have 0 issues with my 2 small trailers and B&W is an awesome company. No regerts

canuckian

Reaction score
Weighsafe on my rigs as well. They’re great if you’re towing a variety of loads. My current truck has a 2.5” receiver so I’ll have to get a new one for the raptor….if it ever shows up

Diablo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Preferred Putnam. Sadly they closed 2009. B&W now is only prudent choice, IMO. Avoid the overly complex, multi-level, and chrome plated stuff. Get bars with height you really need, and only use balls machined from single piece forging. B&W is still made in US (as far as I know).
Don't get cheap crap. Use the best fasteners you can get-- (i.e., thats the nuts/bolts/washers to you game console operating, latte-suckin types). Install your hitch components correctly. No damn short cuts.

CACRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use the 4" drop Weigh-Safe as well. Works perfectly for my setup.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Weigh Safe. Bought the 180 degree ball as well.
The nice thing about the company is that you can buy individual parts as well