What Do You Use Your Fogs For?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NHDude4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Baja Designs 3-pod setup with a quad spot, a quad spot/flood, and a double flood on each side. I run the double flood on the road most of the time. They're aimed low and wide. A Toyota, Honda, or Subaru will flash me once in a while but I don't really care. That happened before because the Raptor is tall, the headlights are bright, and liberal weenies are liberal weenies.

The brighter fogs are aimed like my highbeams. I'll use them on dark rural roads (turning them off for oncoming traffic) or when a Prius is in front of me.

Leprechaun

Reaction score
I have BD Squadron Wide Cornering SAEs with Amber lenses that I use for on-road use during foggy/snowy conditions. They work pretty well. I also have a pair of BD Squadron Wide Cornering Sport and a pair of BD Squadron Driving Combo Sports - only for off-road use.

BD Lights - Front Only.jpg

Last edited:

RotorHead695

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at the radiance for the same reason, amber backlight. Opted for performance instead and got the Baja Design SAEs. Love them. I use them anytime it’s dark, just gives a warmer feeling to the lighting and makes a world of difference in fog and rain.

IDontDoUrban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I regularly use my BD fogs on pitch-black country and FM roads. Helps to see deer and hogs (yes, wild hogs) moving around on the side of the roadway. I see plenty of other drivers doing the same. Rarely have any on-coming drivers given me an FU. I also use them on freeways when it rains at night, so texting drivers don't veer into my lane. A little extra visibility.

No Brakes

Reaction score
I'm running two amber Squadron SAE fogs on one upfitter switch (15A). I do a lot of driving in the snow so I wanted good light output that I could just flip on and keep on. They give great visibility in ***** weather and they give fantastic fill at night.
Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 11.10.56 AM.png

I'm saving the 10 Amp for a 3rd brake light
A 30 Amp for 2 A-pillar lights
The last Amp for a winch or grill pods - which ever need arises

Eric16l

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I recently installed a set of Rigid Radiance 2xScene 1xRadiance fogs and love the look of them.
What I don't like it the beam patterns. These are obviously too bright to use while driving.

Even then standard Radiance is a flood and too much upward light output.

So my question is....what does everyone actually use their fog lights for?

I'm thinking of swapping out a set for some SAE yellow pods but then I would lose the uniformity of the amber backlights.

I actually run the exact same set up. I have all 3 pairs on different upfitter switches. I pointed my regular Radiance lights down as low as I could while still being useful. I run them 75% of the time I drive at night and have never been flashed by oncoming vehicles. I use the other 2 Radiance Scene pairs when I am on dark roads with no oncoming vehicles.

It took a few tries to get the Radiance fogs aimed right so they wouldn't blind coming traffic.

Frank R

Reaction score
I have all six of my rigid fog lights are radiance lights I run with them on all the time they give me a nice amount of extra light over the headlights but it does come down to how are you aim them because I have yet to have anybody flash their highbeams at me because I’m too bright I used my garage door to aim them and keep them in line so far so good

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's wrong with SAE fogs on the street? Or are you talking about the non SAE?

Both of my fog light pairs are SAE. I didn't say anything against them. What I said was:

"I have two pair of fog lights - one amber, one white.
Both sets are halogen, as they get warm enough to be self-defrosting and shed frozen gunk before it accumulates enough to render them useless.
I use them for fog.
I despise drivers who run fog lights when there is no fog, and I can't tell you what I think of drivers who use fog lights as DRLs."

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got BD SAE fogs that I swapped in amber lenses. Not a nuisance for other drivers at least not as bad as all the azzhats with their high beams on.

1464464B-C3BB-485C-9BFC-9B710173C3F1.jpeg

This is full blast and you can see the amber fogs are overpowered by the rest.