What do you use Aux switches for in a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I went to Five Star Ford, the guy said 1 of the AUX switches is wired to 1 pair of the fogs.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
used to be under hood near fire wall taped to a wire harness
You could also get to them inside of the firewall by removing the glove box. I looked at doing that, but the wiring diagram on the Ford Raptor Supplement Owner's Manual had the incorrect wiring diagram. It was also much easier to use the 12V outlet.

I wish I could easily access the wiring in the overhead console to connect the cam.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could also get to them inside of the firewall by removing the glove box. I looked at doing that, but the wiring diagram on the Ford Raptor Supplement Owner's Manual had the incorrect wiring diagram. It was also much easier to use the 12V outlet.

I wish I could easily access the wiring in the overhead console to connect the cam.

Use a tap fuse behind the kick panel on the passenger side. There are open slots on ignition power well at least one.

S

StrengthNSpeed

i know they may be different with the 2021 but if I wanted to hook to a dashcam, where are the leads?
In the ‘21 they are tucked up behind the battery towards the front for the vehicle. Kind of between the battery and the headlights. There 2 sets of leads. There is one bundle that are live wires and go to the aux switches, these are marked by a red tape around the bundle. The second bundle goes to the fuse box at the front passenger kick panel. These are marked with either white or yellow tape. These are not live just added for convenience to you don‘t have to route wires yourself thru the firewall if you wanted to power something inside. What I CAN’T figure out is the fuses and whether or not you can hot wire switch #5 & #6 to be constant hot. The fuse diagram or the ‘21 raptor marks some fuses within a huge block fuse, 63 in the diagram, and 62 has no fuse in my truck but the slot is another one of the big ones like 63. In full disclosure I don‘t have much experience on the subject. 60 & 61 are double fuses, and from what I found for previous years AUX 5 & 6 were high amp fuses while now they are only 5 amp.

If you figured this thing out please comment how this whole thing works for idiots like me.

0432CF33-9120-4E77-88F2-2F7C975A95DF.jpeg

F06992B4-5584-4753-AD28-44985C4E462B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DB00E056-379B-4097-B417-4B190B1010AA.jpeg

1. Raptor is currently backlights for my S8 lightbar

2. S8 lightbar but 40mm grenades would be good

3. Squadron combos

4. SAE Amber fogs

5. S1 spots bumper pockets

6. S1 flush rear bumper however bed mounted Gatling or tailgate release bed full of ping pong balls would be good

20174x4

Reaction score
As a future new Gen 3 Raptor owner I am new to Aux switches on this truck, what are they typically used for and what are some that are essential to be added.
My setup:

Gen2: Rigid light pairs 1 and 2

Gen3: AUX1 prewired for rigid pair 1 (2nd pair activated by button on light selector knob.

My Blackvue dash cam connects via OBD port utilizing Power Magic EZ so that is remains powered for parking mode.

Uniden connects via MirrorTap

Considering moving my Retrax Powertrax Pro connection to AUX rather than directly to battery. I haven't investigated voltage yet. This would allow for disabling of key fob activation and more security in some circumstances.