What do you use Aux switches for in a Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my Gen2.
1) spot light
2) flood light
3) SAE dricing lifhts
4) backup lights
5) empty
6) tailgate release to drop the tailgate w/out using my keys

20174x4

Reaction score
depending on your use case, a separate battery might be a good option to be able to record when the vehicle is off if you happen to park outside often.
The Blackvue power magic pro devices allow you to select the voltage threshold at which it cuts power and also the duration 12/24/72/INF hours before it cuts off. I've found that it records in parking mode quite well and doesn't drain your battery quickly. They do have a battery pack which can be used as well. I've had the best luck with the ODB connection I mentioned. AUX switch wasn't necessary in my installation. The mirror tap is great for Uniden radar detector since it cuts power when the truck is switched off. Wiring the Blackvue in this manner wouldn't allow you to use parking mode as I understand it.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
depending on your use case, a separate battery might be a good option to be able to record when the vehicle is off if you happen to park outside often.
This may sound like a stupid question but could the on board power battery if you got that option be used? Or probably not since the key would have to be in AUX mode at least? Can the raptor accept a dual battery tray?