Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Aftermarket Wheels [GEN 1]' started by BIRDMAN, Nov 3, 2011.
yeah, are the tires 35 x 12.50 or...what's their metric sizing?
I actually really like those too. Might have just changed my mind from grabbers to those.
Ugly. Why not the same wheels on your old cherokee?
oh yeah baby
actually i liked the wheels on my FJ, maybe I'll get the same ones for my Rap
Can't go wrong with either one........
I'm running 35" MT/R's with Kevlar on my 350 and I have to say I'm VERY IMPRESSED. They have never left my stuck, always gotten me out without a problem and there are a couple Raptor owners out there who are thankful for them too ......but most of all there is over 50% tread left I have over 25K miles on them, of course that also has to do with me being anal about rotating them at every oil change......I plan on bumping up to 37's when I burn through these
the Bully is only available in 20x10 -44 offset
I am VERY happy with the rim's . 9000 miles on them and they still look like new .
As an example ; you can see how dirty the tires are from some light trail use and about 20 miles of dirt roads after the MT/R's had been put on and they still look clean .
First impressions on the Tires.
• I was really surprised just how quiet they are on Concrete or Tar. This is at all speeds. Will have to see if they stay this quiet after a few thousand miles.
• Well behaved on the street as well , meaning no surprises on handling . Obviously not as sticky as the BFG's.
• Rolling resistance is up a little . From a stand still you can feel the lugs on these tires as you start to roll.
• BEST thing so far : No fucking rocks being throw all over hell . For any of you guys who have rolled the stockers down dirt roads you know what I am talking about . With the BFG's it sound like you were hitting the underneath of the truck , running boards and wheel wells with a scatter gun . With these MT/R's hardly anything . This is not that big of surprise when you look at the outside tread pattern . How big of difference ? Well I may my mud flaps off today , that's how big.
• I seen a few guys mention running these in a 35 . I looked hard at doing this , but decided against it . The load rating is not as high as the 315's. far lower PSI with lower load rating and shallower tread with the 35's , they are cheaper buy about $50 a skin. The back sidewall was a bit of a son of a bitch to find. Finally called Goodyear direct . NTB. FORD, Discount tire , Sears all said they could not get it and a few tried telling me this tire was discontinued . Well that is BS. According to the Goodyear rep I spoke to the 315BSW is a relatively new offering for them. I also am only on the middle perch and with my offset and back space I couldn't afford the additional .2" in Diameter.
• I am stoked that I pulled the trigger on these , as I was not to confident on how the stockers were going to do in the snow. I have an Upcoming hunting trip and I will be putting about 2000 miles on my truck over the next couple weeks . I will post an update if anybody is interested.
Bird I looked at the Coopers you mentioned and had looked at the new Duratrack as well Hankook DynaPro MT that just won a MTR tire shoot out , the Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar came in 2nd . Good luck with sorting through all this shit , as I am just happy to have it done as I was driving my self nuts trying to pick out the tire I wanted to run. Hope this hlps and good luck.
Separate names with a comma.