What do you think of skip-shifting?

Do you like Skip-Shift in Normal drive mode?

• Love it - wouldn't run a TCM map without it

Votes: 26 25.0%
  • Hate it - wouldn't run a TCM map with it

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • No strong opinion

Votes: 51 49.0%
  • Too frequently airborne in my Raptor to recall how the trans. shifts

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Meh. I generally like the skip shift. I wish it was an 8 speed. I would drop 9th and whatever other gear is worthless, like 4th or 5th or something.

Cleversn

Reaction score
Hi Sam,

I would be indifferent to skip shifts if they met the following criteria:
1. No compromise in acceleration unless there is a noticeable fuel economy impact or functional reason to skip shift like improved transmission lifespan then it should be a selectable option.
2. The skip shifting has to be seamless. My biggest issue with it now is that the shifting sensation is noticeably different and not as smooth in my case. In other words I wouldn’t want to be able to tell it’s skip shifting without watching the gear indicator.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't mind for the most part, but would like options for both from Cobb I would likely use the skip variant more frequently, but would love to have both. I just ordered mine and am looking forward to installing maybe tonight.

jwkhd1

Reaction score
I only use skip shift in stop and go traffic . All other is either sport mode or tow haul. Really anxious to see what Cobb comes up with for a TCM program. In sport mode my 5th gear shift will give you whiplash .

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
PLEASE do NOT release your trans tune with skip shift! Now, that said if you include a toggle in AT so I (or someone’s Pro tuner) can switch it off that would be the best way. You cover both camps with a single release.

BigDaddy69

Reaction score
Personally, a 10-speed transmission is entirely unnecessary. The skip shift occurs because the intermediate gears are unnecessary for most acceleration and braking situations. 5 or 6-speed is really all that is needed for most driving situations that we encounter. The 10-speed is a gimmick.

That said, I have not really encountered any ill effects of the skip-shift.

Chris_S

Reaction score
Not sure if it is possible with your platform but it would be nice if you could enable/disable it easily using your programmer.

If not, I would prefer keeping skip-shift but adjust the threshold so that it only operates is very light throttle applications, such as would be encountered in city traffic and/or lazy driving.

Brett Rahn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I drive mine 80% of the time in normal mode my 2019 shifts smooth and fine no issues so I would say it doesn’t matter to me