What do you run for Tire Pressure on/off road???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Losing a bead at 25psi?

Going to Cape Lookout next weekend and have never been there without a Jeep. First time with the Raptor. I know I will need to air down. I used to air down my 35" BFG MTs to about 15psi and it ran great on the soft sand. However, the Jeep was maybe 4700lbs fully loaded. The Raptor is about a ton heavier and I'm not sure about the Minimum PSI recommended before I pop a bead. I'm not planning on doing any high speed turning and jumping, since there are federal rangers and they monitor the speed limits pretty closely.

I found this video on YouTube and they lost a bead at 25psi! The wheels/tires combo is different, and they were probably going fast while turning into sand, so that probably affected the outcome, but 25psi is scary to be losing a bead!

I was thinking 18psi on my tires it after seeing this video, I don't know.

Pro Comp Extreme AT Bead Pop Off On Ford Raptor 25 PSI - YouTube

What do ya'll think?

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are simply going to the beach and driving around a bit, 20 psi is sufficient. On stock wheels with stock tires. I've even driven home 10 miles on the street at that air pressure.

That is typically what we air down to. It also doesn't take as long when airing back up.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have been down to 15psi without any problems, but I always adjust my speed and driving style to my air pressure.

Taxman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are simply going to the beach and driving around a bit, 20 psi is sufficient. On stock wheels with stock tires. I've even driven home 10 miles on the street at that air pressure.

That is typically what we air down to. It also doesn't take as long when airing back up.

Yukon Joe
Run Raptor Run | Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE)

That's what I'm going to do. I have some Staun tire deflators that are set to 15psi (from my Jeep), but I'll air down manually this time to 20psi and then set them at 20. I have a 10lb Powertank, so I'm not concerned about time airing back up after we're done. I usually air up while waiting for the ferry, or while on the ferry if I have space around me. This time of year, the Davis ferry doesn't get too crowded, so I'm usually one of two or three vehicles on the boat.

Thanks.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I aired down to 15, 12 in the front left, at Snoball when we had to back out of a pretty nasty spot. Did a reverse j turn to whip the truck around and then drove back to the hotel because the gas stations were all closed. Surprisingly it held up really well.

AlpineM3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ran hard out in Barstow doing testing on the new SVC Dual Shock set up a week ago and was aired down to 25 all around and had no issues...

D

Deleted member 12951

When at silver lake sand dunes we all aired down to 14 and no one had issues. And we were jumping too.