What do you run for Tire Pressure on/off road???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gilligan

Reaction score
What Tire Pressure in Cold Weather?

I apologize as I feel this had to of been discussed on this forum but I could not find an answer in my search.

For the stock BFG's...

What PSI are you guys running in cold weather? The door says 44, and the tires say 50. I would have to assume it is a good idea to go with what is on the door but figured i'd see what most folks are doing.

ETA: While I have you here if anyone wants to toss in their warmer weather pressures to save me another thread in a few months I'd appreciate that as well.

Last edited:

Cleave

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It all depends on exactly how cold it is, but just for general use I'd say 42-43 when it's cold out BEFORE you've driven anywhere, if you've already been driving and it's cold out and you want to change the pressure, go with 44, when it's warm out go with 44 before you've been driving and 45-46 after you've been driving for a while

Biggest

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I run all my tires at the lowest psi I can get away with without tripping the low tire pressure warning.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
44 is factory and you set it when the tires are cold as in whatever the outside temp is. You can play around with running them lower or higher but you may see a change in the tire wear. 44 is the pressure that the factory engineered the truck to for mpg, tire wear and drivability.

Test some different psi and find something you like.

KaiserM715

Kaiser Söze
Reaction score
What PSI are you guys running in cold weather? The door says 44, and the tires say 50. I would have to assume it is a good idea to go with what is on the door but figured i'd see what most folks are doing.
The pressure on the tire is the MAXIMUM pressure. You should not be running the tires at their max pressure unless you running at or near the max load range for the tire.

mudblood

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Always go by what is posted on the door jamb. The tire pressure posted on tires is a general reference. Go by the Ford recommendation.