What do you guys think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See you don’t seem to know much about economics. You see, when the ADM’s stop, that means the value of all raptors decrease. So, he found a nice truck, willing or considering an ADM, that keeps the value up on all trucks up. Almost everyone is paying ADM’s. I do agree it’s a bit steep, but clearly not alone paying for what he wants. Write a check for 10k over sticker, bet he drives away in a great slightly used truck.
No, admittedly I’m not an expert in economics like you, and thanks to you I now have a better understanding, much appreciated.
Apparently ADM’s can be a good thing for all of us, so even the Kia Rio someone paid 3k over for has more value thanks to the ADM. The value of my Raptor will decrease when ADM’s stop, also according to you, ADM’s are what “keeps the value up on all trucks up” hmmm, got it.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
True, it was advertised for that much. IIRC it was a 85-88k MSRP truck so they wanted ~30k over sticker. Maybe not sold for that much but I'm sure the poor bastard paid at least 10-20k over. In Napa and NorCal in general, there's stupid money floating around and people routinely overpay for everything from food to houses.
Thanks for the clarification. I know the CA Raptor market is basically it’s own micro economy, but accuracy is important. Potential buyers here are going to get worn down by seeing these stupid level prices and knuckle under thinking they don’t have a choice. They do, it just requires more patience, tenacity and will.
This was for a 21 with 7k miles.. $10k over MSRP, not a terrible deal if you are impatient but I just couldn’t stomach it. I’ll keep trying to be patient and wait to see if my 23 order gets through.. View attachment 367332
I mean this constructively, and please don’t be insulted it’s not meant that way. In the interest of helping out a brother Raptor owner here - or potential one:

That is not how you negotiate prices. You tell him straight up - I’ve got MSRP money to work with, I am not ever going to pay over MSRP for any vehicle, don’t waste my time here. We can do the deal R.F.N. I have solid credit, so make this deal happen. I have 75 minutes all in. 76 minutes from now I’m driving away either in the new Raptor, or my own truck.

They’re either willing to talk or they’re not. I don’t like to have negotiations like this over text, but he did it to you. It’s like early ’17 but a bit worse due to parts shortages. if you’re calling, “I’m a Raptor buyer at MSRP, no higher. I’ve got an 810 credit score and ready to go. Let me know when you want to talk.”

If they’re responding to you, even if they’re hard balling you, they’re interested. If they’re not interested, they’re not talking.

Of the 12+ dealers I’ve been to over the past 30 days to trade my Gen 2 in for a Gen 3, every single one of them has said up front the ADM “is non-negotiable”. The dealerships that actually had 2022’s on their lots were priced from $97k-$108k and, as of today, all of them have sold. It didn’t matter that I’m giving them a Gen 2 to make even more money off of… people are paying the ADM’s and they aren’t budging yet. So I wait…
They can say that all they want, it’s the opening of a discussion. It can either end there with you moving on, or you counter. Your call.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is not how you negotiate prices. You tell him straight up - I’ve got MSRP money to work with, I am not ever going to pay over MSRP for any vehicle, don’t waste my time here. We can do the deal R.F.N. I have solid credit, so make this deal happen. I have 75 minutes all in. 76 minutes from now I’m driving away either in the new Raptor, or my own truck.
Are you often successful using this strategy @smurfslayer?

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Almost everyone is paying ADM’s. I do agree it’s a bit steep, but clearly not alone paying for what he wants.

According to the poll below, over 60% are paying no ADM. 20% more in the poll paid $5,000 or less ADM. Almost everyone is paying ADM is not an accurate statement.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/what-did-ya-pay…-msrp-adm-poll.89413/#post-1728886

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
According to the poll below, over 60% are paying no ADM. 20% more in the poll paid $5,000 or less ADM. Almost everyone is paying ADM is not an accurate statement.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/what-did-ya-pay…-msrp-adm-poll.89413/#post-1728886

I would bet not paying ADM claims are akin to asking a guy what MPG his cummins returns. Assuming were talking about trucks that are sitting on lots, not one your order and wait 6-7 months for.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would bet not paying ADM claims are akin to asking a guy what MPG his cummins returns. Assuming were talking about trucks that are sitting on lots, not one your order and wait 6-7 months for.
Exactly. 60% of Gen 3 buyers polling they didn’t pay an ADM should be broken down by when they purchased the truck and also taken with a grain of salt. Sure as hell wouldn’t be 60% if it was within the last 60 days unless they know of some Unicorn honest Abe dealer then please point me in that direction.

And I’m sure it varies by region. Godspeed getting a Gen 3 right now for under $95k down here in S Florida. You are more likely to see Raptor R equivalent MSRP prices on 2022’s that are physically on dealer lots.

And no, it has nothing to do with your tactics. I adore My Gen 2 and my pssy doesn’t get wet when I go to a dealership for a Gen 3 and they can go pound sand. Knock on wood my credit is never an issue. My Gen 2 is paid off. And it doesn’t matter. They don’t care what you have to say about MSRP, what your pickup line is, how many Ford’s they’ve sold you, etc. They have all said non negotiable ADM, whether it was $15k or $25k and they know that someone will pay it sooner than later (and you bet they do). Even the dealer who made national news for putting a $65k ADM on a lighting told me “15k non negotiable plus $5k deposit for a truck with no scheduled build date they they ordered months ago”. This is the Raptor market we are in. Yes, my Gen 2’s value went up. But what good does that do me when the ADM negates it. So instead she’s in for service and got new tires, brakes, and some extra love. All good! No rush when you already have one lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
redhat

redhat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I went and drove it today, something going on with the moonroof and a rattle. Not to mention they were firm on 94k. Asked me what they had to do….I said sell it to me at original msrp and they laughed so I left.

Z06_RAP

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I know the CA Raptor market is basically it’s own micro economy, but accuracy is important. Potential buyers here are going to get worn down by seeing these stupid level prices and knuckle under thinking they don’t have a choice. They do, it just requires more patience, tenacity and will.

I mean this constructively, and please don’t be insulted it’s not meant that way. In the interest of helping out a brother Raptor owner here - or potential one:

They’re either willing to talk or they’re not. I don’t like to have negotiations like this over text, but he did it to you. It’s like early ’17 but a bit worse due to parts shortages. if you’re calling, “I’m a Raptor buyer at MSRP, no higher. I’ve got an 810 credit score and ready to go. Let me know when you want to talk.”

If they’re responding to you, even if they’re hard balling you, they’re interested. If they’re not interested, they’re not talking.

They can say that all they want, it’s the opening of a discussion. It can either end there with you moving on, or you counter. Your call.
The text I got from them wasn’t exactly a good first impression. They weren’t getting my money either way. But… $2,400 floor mats almost made me change my mind! What a deal!!

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And not trucks that people bought six months ago ...

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See you don’t seem to know much about economics. You see, when the ADM’s stop, that means the value of all raptors decrease. So, he found a nice truck, willing or considering an ADM, that keeps the value up on all trucks up. Almost everyone is paying ADM’s. I do agree it’s a bit steep, but clearly not alone paying for what he wants. Write a check for 10k over sticker, bet he drives away in a great slightly used truck.

Well I went and drove it today, something going on with the moonroof and a rattle. Not to mention they were firm on 94k. Asked me what they had to do….I said sell it to me at original msrp and they laughed so I left.
They told me the same thing (firm) when I called yesterday, I laughed as well.

But…did you not read recaros reply above? See you don’t seem to know much about economics either, you see ADM’s are a good thing, write them a check for 10k over as he suggested, and drive a “great slightly used truck” off the lot, you won’t regret it…lol.

Last edited: