What do you guys think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure if he wants to wait a year or so for a new one, but sometimes we want instant gratification. Looks like a very nice find.
Really? That’s a prime example of an unscrupulous dealership that is simply going for the “money grab”, not a satisfied customer.
20k over original MSRP on a used 21 is NOT a ”very nice find”, but to each their own, there’s likely a “got to have it now” person out there with way too much disposable money.

Ford Truck 64

Reaction score
OP
OP
redhat

redhat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the vin and have the service history checked along with a car fax if you want this one. But as stated these are starting to show up at dealers now and inwuld thing you could find a new one for less.
Yeah I looked it up on the carfax and everything seemed ok. I actually stopped by and looked at it for a few minutes on my way home today, everything is clean, not that you could see much wrong with a truck from the outside.
And changing those stock alloys
Yeah those wheels are the worst!

OP
OP
redhat

redhat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Be patient and wait for the right deal on a new one. I know they don't make Leadfoot anymore, but a '23 in Avalanche would be a good substitute. Or, like you said, find a CO.

Even if you had to pay $10k over MSRP for a new one, that is still a better deal than a preowned '21 that's well over MSRP, even in the color you want. That being said, MSRP for a new one can be had if you'll work hard and shop around.
I think this is my biggest problem with them charging so much, over a year of the warranty is gone. I wouldnt pay 10k over for this, I'm just hoping that after four months they are tired of looking at it and might want it gone.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think this is my biggest problem with them charging so much, over a year of the warranty is gone. I wouldnt pay 10k over for this, I'm just hoping that after four months they are tired of looking at it and might want it gone.
Start negotiations & see what you come up with. Might be your lucky day!

Last edited:

itsarap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually wasted 10 minutes of my life that I’ll never get back, and called them today just for the….umm, entertainment value. Without any pause whatsoever the salesperson assured me that “yes $94,881 is the price, we’ve had a lot of inquiries” to which I said “and no moron willing to pony up” which left a moment of silence, I laughed and ended the call…

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Start negotiations & see what you come up with! Might be your lucky day!
Of the 12+ dealers I’ve been to over the past 30 days to trade my Gen 2 in for a Gen 3, every single one of them has said up front the ADM “is non-negotiable”. The dealerships that actually had 2022’s on their lots were priced from $97k-$108k and, as of today, all of them have sold. It didn’t matter that I’m giving them a Gen 2 to make even more money off of… people are paying the ADM’s and they aren’t budging yet. So I wait…

Elkkhunter

Reaction score
Offered one by dealer today, $10k over. Red with 35” tires, Atlanta GA

I spoke to anther dealer this week and they are taking 2023 Gen 3 orders, with $10k over for in state and $15k for out of state for 35” models, more for 37” model. I guess they are trying to sell more local for repair and next vehicle busines. Raptor R lots are gone but were 40-50k over MSRP.

i have my gen three on order, should arive in next few week. Status is built but on chip hold. Paying MSRP, but called half the dealers in the Country past Feb to find one that would sell at MSRP. They had an order in since last November 2021; which was just about the way and color I wanted, put down the deposit and waited. it is really costing me 5k over MSRP since placing the order the MSRP went up $5k, did not know dealer orders are not Factory price protected!
could have purchased one cheaper fron local dealer since trade my gen2 sales tax would have transferred to new gen3. Live and learn the hard way.

Last edited:

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Really? That’s a prime example of an unscrupulous dealership that is simply going for the “money grab”, not a satisfied customer.
20k over original MSRP on a used 21 is NOT a ”very nice find”, but to each their own, there’s likely a “got to have it now” person out there with way too much disposable money.
See you don’t seem to know much about economics. You see, when the ADM’s stop, that means the value of all raptors decrease. So, he found a nice truck, willing or considering an ADM, that keeps the value up on all trucks up. Almost everyone is paying ADM’s. I do agree it’s a bit steep, but clearly not alone paying for what he wants. Write a check for 10k over sticker, bet he drives away in a great slightly used truck.