What do you guys think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broken Wrench

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes me want to sell mine, JUST KIDDING! I will and have never paid over sticker for any new vehicle. People will tell you that you can't find it, but you can, just be patient, be nice on the phone and call allot of dealers. They are out there, but it does take some time to find, since my time is $0 I am ok to spend it saving money, I realize others may not have that time luxury, but they do have money, congratulations on that, but ADM is still throwing money away to the worst of humanity, car Stealerships.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sold for? OR Was advertised for 115k and is now sold?

There’s a big difference. Many assume that the asking price is exactly equal to the sales price and that’s not necessarily true. Maybe it was, but more than likely it was sold for less.

No dealer source can be trusted for what a vehicle they had sold for, they have every motivation to be fast and loose with the truth, lest they give you/us/whomever potential negotiating leverage.
True, it was advertised for that much. IIRC it was a 85-88k MSRP truck so they wanted ~30k over sticker. Maybe not sold for that much but I'm sure the poor bastard paid at least 10-20k over. In Napa and NorCal in general, there's stupid money floating around and people routinely overpay for everything from food to houses.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be patient and wait for the right deal on a new one. I know they don't make Leadfoot anymore, but a '23 in Avalanche would be a good substitute. Or, like you said, find a CO.

Even if you had to pay $10k over MSRP for a new one, that is still a better deal than a preowned '21 that's well over MSRP, even in the color you want. That being said, MSRP for a new one can be had if you'll work hard and shop around.

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That dealer has a pretty bad reputation. I wouldn't trust them... Future ford Sacramento has a few, and I think you could negotiate a brand new one for that price.....

RadRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At least future Ford has an ok reputation... I am not a fan of buying any vehicle in California though.. much easier in neighboring states.

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your under warranty, just buy it.
A used truck for $20k over the original MSRP isn't a good move... Hard pass on this truck.

I am against paying over MSRP even for a new one, but if you had to choose, pay over MSRP for a new one. If you get a '22 or even wait for a '23, you're looking at trucks that are 1-2 years newer (in model years at least). That fact alone isn't exactly inconsequential when considering future value as well.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A used truck for $20k over the original MSRP isn't a good move... Hard pass on this truck.

I am against paying over MSRP even for a new one, but if you had to choose, pay over MSRP for a new one. If you get a '22 or even wait for a '23, you're looking at trucks that are 1-2 years newer (in model years at least). That fact alone isn't exactly inconsequential when considering future value as well.
Sure if he wants to wait a year or so for a new one, but sometimes we want instant gratification. Looks like a very nice find.

Z06_RAP

Reaction score
This was for a 21 with 7k miles.. $10k over MSRP, not a terrible deal if you are impatient but I just couldn’t stomach it. I’ll keep trying to be patient and wait to see if my 23 order gets through.. 367DA339-7F54-4F82-B688-D3DEEC7ACB5B.jpeg

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sure if he wants to wait a year or so for a new one, but sometimes we want instant gratification. Looks like a very nice find.
I see you’re part of the “got to have it now” crowd. No need to throw money away. Hell, throw some of it my way the next time you make such decisions. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free