GEN 2 What do I need?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
swedensky

swedensky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course anyone can do what they want... but that doesn’t make it a good decision.

Modifying a Raptor is like modifying a GT500.

1) It isn't necessary. Not many people will push the Raptor beyond its limits from the factory.

2) Ford engineers have researched designed and tested far beyond any aftermarket part(s) manufacturer, or backyard mechanic.

3) You paid up for the Raptor, it costs you more money to modify it and at the same time devalues your vehicle (a triple negative).

So my bagged GT350R would probably **** you off too lol

OP
OP
swedensky

swedensky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ready lift spacers bend with offroad use I saw a thread about it somewhere, plus at full droop it will over extend the cv joints and can cause a failure.

The collars (rpg and the like) will lift up the front with out over extending the CV joints.

I did the collars for my pavement princess:cheers:

Thank you, I’ll look into the collars! Appreciate the feedback

0-60 freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Of course anyone can do what they want... but that doesn’t make it a good decision.

Modifying a Raptor is like modifying a GT500.

1) It isn't necessary. Not many people will push the Raptor beyond its limits from the factory.

2) Ford engineers have researched designed and tested far beyond any aftermarket part(s) manufacturer, or backyard mechanic.

3) You paid up for the Raptor, it costs you more money to modify it and at the same time devalues your vehicle (a triple negative).
Your statements are extremely subjective, we can just agree to disagree,

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your statements are extremely subjective, we can just agree to disagree,

Yes we can disagree... but I just read my 3 points again. I don’t see subjective, certainly not extremely. Which one(s) do you consider so?

1) do you think a lot of Raptor owners push it beyond its capability?

2) do you think aftermarket parts manufacturers spend more time and money designing parts for the Raptor than Ford?

3) does the Raptor not cost more than an F150? Do aftermarket parts not cost additional money? Does a modified Raptor sell for more than a stock one?

Last edited:

0-60 freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes we can disagree... but I just read my 3 points again. I don’t see subjective, certainly not extremely. Which one(s) do you consider so?

1) do you think a lot of Raptor owners push it beyond its capability?

2) do you think aftermarket parts manufacturers spend more time and money designing parts for the Raptor that Ford?

3) does the Raptor not cost more than an F150? Do aftermarket parts not cost additional money? Does a modified Raptor sell for more than a stock one?
Good Grief Let It Go, I couldn't care less about resale value, I do modifications to my truck to suit my personal tastes if somebody else doesn't like it then go get your own and do whatever you want to it, try not to let this steal your joy this is my truck

BIG TIME BALLER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Grief Let It Go, I couldn't care less about resale value, I do modifications to my truck to suit my personal tastes if somebody else doesn't like it then go get your own and do whatever you want to it, try not to let this steal your joy this is my truck

Good Grief... steal my joy?

I was just having a conversation with you bro... that is what we do on the forum, right?

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off I’m new to the forum here, but not new to forums in general. I have searched but looking for clarity, explanation and suggestions.
I’m also brand new to modding trucks. I’ve had 4 F150s but always just left them stock other than a leveling kit and 33s just for a clean look.
This is my first raptor (one week in) and I’m ordering all my beginning mods.

On to the question:

My dealership has a modified Raptor for sale; I love the appearance, I have been wanting something more aggressive, I have a problem with dumping money into my vehicles.
The truck has 17” wheels, 37s (Nitto grapplers), and a Ready Lift (2.5”?) kit.
I’d like to do the same thing to my truck HOWEVER upon searching it looks like the Ready Lift kit is frowned upon here.

I’m fine NOT using that kit, but wondering what I would need to use instead for the 37s.
Why is it frowned upon? Because there is a better solution/company? Or because purists would tell you to leave it stock and go to Raptor Assault to learn how capable it is?

Just hoping for some clarification, hope someone can chime in.

Thanks for having me!

If you actually want to do some fun off-roading forget about 37s. Unless you plan to do it properly with new fenders, and a lot of other parts, there is ZERO reason to go with 37s other than for looks, and they will drive you crazy rubbing when you flex the truck. Just put on some front springs Geiser or Eibach and some Icon or Deaver leafs and be done with it. The truck will look totally better, and drive better, and you can confidently push the truck offroad and never have to worry about blowing your fenders off.

If you want a mall- crawler do whatever you want ... it won’t matter lol

Last edited: