What did you pay +/- MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackie

Reaction score
MSRP order in Jan, delivery in March. Took me months of contacting dealers (25?) but just held out for the MSRP deal and a dealer from on of those previous visits called me in Jan with the MSRP opportunity. Approximately 1.5 hours away.

Was at the local Ford dealership this week getting an oil change and they had a LB fully loaded screw on the lot...still $10k+ over. Oddly enough this is the same dealer that offered me an order at MSRP but wouldn't divulge allocation information.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think other than the much loved Jake17 on here that I had the first gen 2 in the New England area. It came in on Dec12th and I took delivery on the 13th. I still haven't seen another gen 2 on the road anywhere around here. I paid 3K under MSRP for it. My dealer said that he's not into that over MSRP BS.

wolf0714

Reaction score
Got my new 2017 Screw for MSRP. the dealer also waived the last $2400 left on my Lariat lease which was going to expire in Dec. 2017. I figured I go order exactly what I wanted without deposits or fees. They told me my Raptor probably wouldn't be there until Feb. 2018...and asked if i was interested in a silver SCREW that was in there inventory where the deal had fallen thru. It's at my house now. The dealer was Ford Lincoln of Franklin...in Franklin, TN.

Attachments

• Raptor3a.jpg
    Raptor3a.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,218
  • Raptor1a.jpg
    Raptor1a.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1,112

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new 2017 Screw for MSRP. the dealer also waived the last $2400 left on my Lariat lease which was going to expire in Dec. 2017. I figured I go order exactly what I wanted without deposits or fees. They told me my Raptor probably wouldn't be there until Feb. 2018...and asked if i was interested in a silver SCREW that was in there inventory where the deal had fallen thru. It's at my house now. The dealer was Ford Lincoln of Franklin...in Franklin, TN.

Red accent on silver looks nice.

Rango

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this discussion needs to be split into
How much did you pay to order a truck?
OR
How much did you pay to buy a truck on the ground.

They are very different things... :wink:

My time and knowing Exactly when I would get the truck is worth something. So I bought a truck on the ground. And I paid for that.... :D

Some guys decided to order and wait.... They paid with their time and for the uncertainty of not knowing "when" they would get their truck.

....you can pay me now or pay me later. :ROFLJest:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
msrp - $4k

How were you able to order a Raptor for $4K under MSRP? Do you have a personal connection with the owner of the dealership? Was there a trade in tied to the transaction, or were you purchasing other vehicles? I pride myself on being able to work decent deals and I couldn't even come close to what you allegedly accomplished (I paid MSRP to a dealer that was able to take my order and deliver within 8 weeks. I ordered November 1, 2016 and took delivery the day after Christmas.). Why would a dealer sell you a Raptor at that price when they could easily move it at MSRP or higher?

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this discussion needs to be split into
How much did you pay to order a truck?
OR
How much did you pay to buy a truck on the ground.

They are very different things... :wink:

My time and knowing Exactly when I would get the truck is worth something. So I bought a truck on the ground. And I paid for that.... :D

Some guys decided to order and wait.... They paid with their time and for the uncertainty of not knowing "when" they would get their truck.

....you can pay me now or pay me later. :ROFLJest:

Did not order mine, walked into dealership after I saw it advertised on Autotrader 2.5 hours from me. Still did not pay over MSRP

Johanthan

Reaction score
How were you able to order a Raptor for $4K under MSRP? Do you have a personal connection with the owner of the dealership? Was there a trade in tied to the transaction, or were you purchasing other vehicles? I pride myself on being able to work decent deals and I couldn't even come close to what you allegedly accomplished (I paid MSRP to a dealer that was able to take my order and deliver within 8 weeks. I ordered November 1, 2016 and took delivery the day after Christmas.). Why would a dealer sell you a Raptor at that price when they could easily move it at MSRP or higher?
my uncle's best friend refreshes his fleet of f450s every few years with the dealer and he told him he would give me a good deal.( plus it didn't hurt that 14 17' f450s were purchased at the same time) :)