What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I changed the oil after I reached 1,000 miles, then annually after that. I’ve had the truck three years plus the initial 1,000 miles makes it four oil changes since new.
Ahh makes sense. I would do every year too if I didn't hit the mileage. I usually wait for the oil monitor to tell me when to change, it's usually every 5-7k miles. I've sent samples into blackstone and every time they say I could go longer than I did...

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ahh makes sense. I would do every year too if I didn't hit the mileage. I usually wait for the oil monitor to tell me when to change, it's usually every 5-7k miles. I've sent samples into blackstone and every time they say I could go longer than I did...
Interesting, what type of oil and they didnt mention any fuel dilution?

Jonesky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ‘sky, There are an over abundance of stupid people savvy enough to buy a Raptor. It’s really not THAT special.

As for my “helpful” chiming in, it was very helpful for most anyone reading a forum for answers. You know, give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach him how to find fish and he eats for a lifetime. Oh, and my thumbs don’t have rules either.

Also, just a FYI, the first sign of “non-savvy” is juvenile name-calling, veiled and unveiled threats. Just enjoy your plain old truck, when you figure out how to work it.
You are the epitome on an arrogant and condescending fool. Good luck with your life.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting, what type of oil and they didnt mention any fuel dilution?
All values were excellent for the mileage and as i said, they found I should go another 1k to 1500 miles in the next change. I didn’t and just go with the computers logic. I have been using Schaefer’s 9000 oil.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All values were excellent for the mileage and as i said, they found I should go another 1k to 1500 miles in the next change. I didn’t and just go with the computers logic. I have been using Schaefer’s 9000 oil.
Thats a great oil! Pao / type III blend No wonder. But even with that oil only getting 6500 miles on it, really makes you wonder about Motorcraft blend oil .You need good Calcium # ‘s to prevent LSPI.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats a great oil! Pao / type III blend No wonder. But even with that oil only getting 6500 miles on it, really makes you wonder about Motorcraft blend oil .You need good Calcium # ‘s to prevent LSPI.
Yeah I know it's not a 'true' synthetic type 4 etc but - I was running Amsoil signature for the first couple of oil changes when I decided to try the Schaeffer's. I was stunned that with the Schaeffer's the engine was smoother and more quiet, so I've stuck with it. Here is the blackstone report with 18.9k miles on the truck, 5k miles on the Schaeffer's.

Screenshot 2023-01-02 at 10.07.15 AM.png

Last edited:

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah I know it's not a 'true' synthetic type 4 etc but - I was running Amsoil signature for the first couple of oil changes when I decided to try the Schaeffer's. I was stunned that with the Schaeffer's the engine was smoother and more quiet, so I've stuck with it. Here is the blackstone report with 18.9k miles on the truck, 5k miles on the Schaeffer's.

View attachment 386778
This is fantastic. I dont like TBN going below 2.0 on an echoboost personally. But seeing the Sus viscosity at 56 @212 is promising and a strong showing. Tons of molly left . Its impressive stuff.