What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thatblackraptor

Reaction score
Got a misfire on cylinder 1 CEL.

Just threw these old SP542 plugs in 2700 miles ago and they’re this bad. The back two cylinders had oil around the bottoms of the plugs. These were gapped to around .30. The new plugs are around .28. Hoping this cures the misfire issue. It was only misfiring at higher speeds under heavy boost.

I’m running the Cobb accessport with their canned tune. Wondering if it’s too much?

98694E80-E917-4A19-9AEE-2CF42CC2F253.jpeg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those electrodes, cathodes and insulators look fine to me. what about that is ‘bad’?

Thatblackraptor

Reaction score
How many miles? Maybe you should replace the coils and the boots? Plugs should last wayyyyy longer than that.
2700ish miles on those plugs, 92k on the truck.
Those electrodes, cathodes and insulators look fine to me. what about that is ‘bad’?

Oil on the threads and how dirty the tips are for only 2700 miles of use. Plus cylinder 1 was misfiring.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2700ish miles on those plugs, 92k on the truck.

Oil on the threads and how dirty the tips are for only 2700 miles of use. Plus cylinder 1 was misfiring.
Guess I can’t tell what is and isn’t oil from here. Looks a little rich but seems in line with a canned street tune to me.