What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few days ago my warning chime started sounding through the ipc instead of the speakers. Did a little research on the forum here and found out it may be caused by a bad speaker. Did a little testing and sure as ****, the right rear speaker wasn't working at all. Youtubed how to remove the rear door panel and the speaker is open. 36,537 miles on it today. Had an appointment yesterday for a driveline noise and mentioned it to the tech that it started doing this but I told him not to worry about it. Drive line noise was diagnosed as a bad ring and pinion:mad:. Hard to brag about my Ford when this kinda **** is happening. This forum has been great for helpful information.:)
What kind of driveline noise?

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What kind of driveline noise?
Throttle sensitive noise that sounds like a dry bearing sort of. Only hear it under a load. No noise on decel or that neutral spot you can find with the throttle. I thought maybe it was coming from the transfer case cuz it doesn't sound like a typical rear-end noise to me. Not very loud either.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country AT3's and a new set of black Enkei RPT1's went on today. Initial impressions: really like the look and ride quality of these tires. They're D rated but still feel plenty cushy over **** Northern California roads. Much much much quieter than my 30k KO2's which we're becoming a constant ear ache.20220811_151704.jpg

20220811_151655.jpg

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country AT3's and a new set of black Enkei RPT1's went on today. Initial impressions: really like the look and ride quality of these tires. They're D rated but still feel plenty cushy over **** Northern California roads. Much much much quieter than my 30k KO2's which we're becoming a constant ear ache.

Gorgeous looking setup!

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyo Open Country AT3's and a new set of black Enkei RPT1's went on today. Initial impressions: really like the look and ride quality of these tires. They're D rated but still feel plenty cushy over **** Northern California roads. Much much much quieter than my 30k KO2's which we're becoming a constant ear ache.View attachment 367261

View attachment 367258
Lookin at these tires to replace my original k02s.
How do they ride compared to them? I know you mentioned they were nice, but curious if theyre comparable or a bit firmer. Debating between these, the RTs and a few others right now.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How do they ride compared to them? I know you mentioned they were nice, but curious if theyre comparable or a bit firmer. Debating between these, the RTs and a few others right now.
I think im getting conti terrain contact AT’s . I offroad maybe twice a year.

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got about 75 miles on them yesterday, little bit of highway and some street driving. I didn't get a chance to air down so they were at 38psi all around from the tire shop. My initial impressions are that they're really great. They ride about the same, maybe 10% stiffer owing to the extra sidewall (D rated compared to C rated KO2). They track really nicely and give good feedback and the biggest difference is the sound. The truck is so much quieter at highway speed which is a welcomed relief.

I'm heading up to Tahoe this weekend so I'll get some highway and offroad time on them and report back.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran Toyo AT3 on my on my Gen 2, they were all around better tires for me than my K02. Quieter, stayed balanced better, pick up and threw way way fewer rocks. Excellent in the snow. Definitely the tires I plan on running for the foreseeable future.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'll say that the RTs are a much beefier tire in design than the KO2 or th AT3, thats why they are 75# compared to the 65# that the KO2 and AT3 weigh.

For me and my usage, i think the lighter duty tires are beefy enough! I'm really liking the idea of the AT3s after my KO2s are done.