What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gr8scott_o

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it wasn’t until my second Gen2 I even knew that was a button on key fob. My daughter and son in law took my truck from hotel to Horseshoe Bend in Page AZ to check it out while me and the wife tried making some more rugrats. My daughter called me saying the tailgate was open as they came back to truck. They pressed button without realizing it.
This is the third time this has happened where I inadvertently had the tailgate remotely released. First time it happened when the garage door was already up... I get in the truck and put it in reverse and all I see on the backup camera is my license plate. Second time, I caught it before the garage door moved so I was able to close it.

I'm trying to figure out how this is happening. My keys go into a small dish with all the other vehicle keys when I'm at the house, and when they aren't there they are in my pocket with my cell phone. I rarely intentionally use any button on the remote except for occasionally the lock button. Maybe it's getting pressed when my keys are in my pocket and I sit down.

Can this feature be disabled?

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the third time this has happened where I inadvertently had the tailgate remotely released. First time it happened when the garage door was already up... I get in the truck and put it in reverse and all I see on the backup camera is my license plate. Second time, I caught it before the garage door moved so I was able to close it.

I'm trying to figure out how this is happening. My keys go into a small dish with all the other vehicle keys when I'm at the house, and when they aren't there they are in my pocket with my cell phone. I rarely intentionally use any button on the remote except for occasionally the lock button. Maybe it's getting pressed when my keys are in my pocket and I sit down.

Can this feature be disabled?
I thought ford had a fix for this? Or maybe I was just thinking they do ? Anyone have knowledge about this?

JorgesRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the Borla S-Type that’s been staring at me in the garage lol took about 2 beers long to install.

Man, it’s loud at startup! I tried to take videos to catch the sound but the clips just don’t do it Justice. ALMOST too loud but time will tell if I need to add the resonator or not. Tone is nice and deep though.

If anyone in the PNW looking for an OEM, hit me up!

Boostd4

Reaction score
Popped in new 1 step colder plugs, changed oil, added a JLT Catch Can. This was the first oil change I've done on the truck since I've owned it (about 6 months) and it was pretty insane how much dirt/mud got built up under the skid plate and front of the engine bay. Hopefully, once it warms up I'll get under there and do some spring cleaning.

Jaymare404

Reaction score
Got my OG window sticker from a local ford dealership. Called the salesmen up and asked to run my vin and send me the original window sticker as a pdf. Had it in 2 minutes and was free. So I learned a lot about how my truck was optioned when it was built. Very cool.