What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jurasick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  1. I got my second windshield installed.
  2. Performed the moon/pano roof maintenance which has completely eliminated the annoying squeaking I would get when the moon roof would warm up in the direct sun light.
  3. Installed a new set of BFG KO2's after 26k miles.
  4. Installed the Seven Sparta rear seat release.
  5. Next week, I will be replacing my right front shock putting an end to my Drive Control Malfunction issue that I've been dealing with for a couple of months now.
View attachment 165104
Do you mind sharing what you did to the pano roof. Or share the source you found. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrewRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed, I ask for synthetic who knows what’s going in, ive heard stories of wrong weights of oil getting poured in. I like doing my own changes because I make sure it’s the right stuff, and gives me a chance to inspect everything. My last oil change I discovered a leaking piñon seal and an oil leak (maybe timing cover or oil pan, dunno).

FordPass app lets you enter the maintenance and attach a receipt with the interval. I buy my oil and filter from the dealer and make sure my last 8 vin are on the receipt.

Agree, Jeep had the issue with the New JL when it first came out. Everyone was getting 1 quart to much! I'm an AMSoil fan myself. It's only slightly higher and they have the data to back their product. I was told previously that using AMSoil and switching back to a traditional synthetic oil good cause damage to due to viscosity changes. Could and likely a load of bull but I haven't tested it. AMSoil differential is also great.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Would kill to see a write up/ review. Can you start a new thread with photos, night shots and overall impressions.

I think I do. I don’t see anyone else running it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Turbogoat324

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a new ripper

mTbOdn5.jpg

7 hour round trip drive to NH

2021 KTM 500EXC-f

Man I’m so jealous! I want one so bad but I’m having a hard time justifying the price. Totally worth it just a lot of cash for me right now. It’s the perfect bike!

Clinsta

Reaction score
Do you mind sharing what you did to the pano roof. Or share the source you found. Thanks.

I did some searching around the forum regarding moon roof or panoramic roof squeaks and found a few threads that explained cleaning and lubricating the weather stripping around the roof glass. Search for Krytox and you’ll see a few different maintenance procedures for you moonroof.