What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I had to pick up 65 bags of concrete this weekend...rented a home depot truck which, surprisingly, could only hold 40 bags before the alarm went off. The last 25 I split between the Raptor and my wife's X3...I'm ashamed to admit that my wife's baby SUV has a higher payload rating lol...I still put most of it in the truck in a display of dominance

Simple solution: Build the raptor up to the point that you need a super duty to tow the raptor. I put 25, 40 lb bags of mexican beach pebbles in my SD yesterday and the carli leafs barely sagged at all. :cool:

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had to pick up 65 bags of concrete this weekend...rented a home depot truck which, surprisingly, could only hold 40 bags before the alarm went off. The last 25 I split between the Raptor and my wife's X3...I'm ashamed to admit that my wife's baby SUV has a higher payload rating lol...I still put most of it in the truck in a display of dominance

Do the HD trucks have an overload alarm? I never heard of that before.

SoxFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The HD trucks have a payload warning alarm to prevent them from being 'overloaded'. Put the truck in gear and the alarm goes off!

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The HD trucks have a payload warning alarm to prevent them from being 'overloaded'. Put the truck in gear and the alarm goes off!
Frightening that it waits until you’re loaded and ready to go.

JAndreF321

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the HD trucks have an overload alarm? I never heard of that before.

Yep, like SoxFan said...alarm to avoid overloading...they said it would take 50bags with the pallet (doesn’t make mathematical sense with 3000lb load capacity). They put it on with a forklift then the alarm was going off until I got down to 40 bags and physically pulled up on the back of the truck. Went off again when I got in the truck, but turned off when I put it in drive. Employees just laughed and waved goodbye.

SSWIM

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Really. Since when. News to me. I know from the factory they sure don't have anything like that. Must be an after market weight system added after purchase.

Sam

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I never knew that was something that existed.

Yep, like SoxFan said...alarm to avoid overloading...they said it would take 50bags with the pallet (doesn’t make mathematical sense with 3000lb load capacity). They put it on with a forklift then the alarm was going off until I got down to 40 bags and physically pulled up on the back of the truck. Went off again when I got in the truck, but turned off when I put it in drive. Employees just laughed and waved goodbye.

It makes sense, especially on a rental. I love that the employees laughed and let you go anyway. Reminds me of a return flight I was boarding from Bonaire and most of us were making the metal detector go off. The police staff just half smiled and waved us all through as the detector was going off!