What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Eliminating the big boxes in garage". Not hard, just time consuming...1.25 hrs for removal. PITA clamp bolt positions by Ford, would have cut time in half
Having worked on vehicles for 35 years, I have to remind myself of something all the time.

The PITA bolt locations are normally perfect locations for assembly.

You have to remember that when those clamps were installed and tightened the cab and bed were not on the frame.

Thinking any manufacturer gives a second thought as to access for repair is a waste of time.

Wraith SRT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having worked on vehicles for 35 years, I have to remind myself of something all the time.

You have to remember that when those clamps were installed and tightened the cab and bed were not on the frame.

Thinking any manufacturer gives a second thought as to access for repair is a waste of time.
No, I completely get it (hence why I said normally perfect locations for assembly)...but, once the resonator was out of the way, all good!

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score

this is well known in my business… the manufacturing vs sustainability flaw.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mixed it up...went MBRP X w/Flowmaster Flow FX. I went subtle, but free-flowing
Nice! I just swapped up my exhaust too. Went with the Mountune downpipe back exhaust. So far I like it but waiting for a full break in to see. Was thinking of adding the SPD trombone or the MBRP X-pipe to it. Its has both sides straight back to the muffler right now.