What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installed the DiamondBack today. Pretty straight forward but it will take getting used to that I can't stand in the bed anymore. I'm used to a roll up retrax but my main focus is weather proof and ease of use. I got the 13" deep tray that sits in the front of the bed - it's huge and deep and you really need a step ladder to get into it. I want to say that the SE is probably lighter than the retrax XR pro - each panel is not heavy at all. I installed to of their led light strips too, one in front and one in back.

xwE0AvDU1oXMzUDOH2CIzyPk=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

xgKyZkwFaH7kmNhKN3sDHsm4=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

BDXBqyEnHt7gp9iW72vI9lHE=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

e1pOzRjCDImXqLjrML1t7xG0=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

SycxMwL0Ukl_MzJgM1ovyWII=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
Installed the DiamondBack today. Pretty straight forward but it will take getting used to that I can't stand in the bed anymore. I'm used to a roll up retrax but my main focus is weather proof and ease of use. I got the 13" deep tray that sits in the front of the bed - it's huge and deep and you really need a step ladder to get into it. I want to say that the SE is probably lighter than the retrax XR pro - each panel is not heavy at all. I installed to of their led light strips too, one in front and one in back.
Looks like it'll stop a bullet this time ;)

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Changed out my brake pads - odd one side was worn more than the other... I actually think I got a defective pad on the driver side. I decided to go with the longer lasting/less dusting pad that Alcon just released. It has a sticker on the piston side of the pad that you peel off, that sucker sticks to the pistons? I inquired and was told it was for anti squeaking. Once giant gripe I have with these calipers is that you have to remove the caliper to change the pads... on all other BBKs I've ever had, they just slip out the top, slide the new ones in. Not the case with these. Not a huge deal but it makes the job a lot longer.

gv__sHOy9QANtL_BcFvUcLLE=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

I also installed the DiamondBack lights, they are pretty slick! It's basically an LED strip with a module (box) that is touch on and off. Both attach via double sided tape - I need to find some rubber for the bottom of the 13" deep tray I got as well.

lIhupmPEkOd2_DtoIXaV6pP0=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

3T7HVyFZ2bnfEDUVErBqxSas=w1434-h1910-no?authuser=0.jpg

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed out my brake pads - odd one side was worn more than the other... I actually think I got a defective pad on the driver side. I decided to go with the longer lasting/less dusting pad that Alcon just released. It has a sticker on the piston side of the pad that you peel off, that sucker sticks to the pistons? I inquired and was told it was for anti squeaking. Once giant gripe I have with these calipers is that you have to remove the caliper to change the pads... on all other BBKs I've ever had, they just slip out the top, slide the new ones in. Not the case with these. Not a huge deal but it makes the job a lot longer.

I think it is only suppoed to be about a 10% reduction on that compound. Please let us know what you think when you get them bedded. Or throw it over on my thread as it's good to know info.

ACE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Received my 50W ICOM 2730A mobile radio from LVJ Motorsports! I got the optional Bluetooth chip board and installed it to the radio. This allows me to use BT capable headphones instead of the speaker (you can have sound come from both the headphones and speaker). But the coolest thing is if your headphones have a microphone you can use a feature on the radio called VOX. it allows you to transmit without having to press any buttons! So I can have a totally hands free operation and even leave the truck and communicate to others 30ft from my truck! I tried this with my AirPods and it worked great! Just had to dial in the VOX level so that every little noise wouldn’t be transmitted. Next step is fully installing this radio8A98A350-D7E9-42C9-81D1-4876F359314B.jpeg