What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Been stuck in the house all week recovering from some minor surgery. Took it out for a drive.

Hey, I have had this truck for almost 5 weeks now - when I drive over 40mph every 30 to 60 seconds I can feel a little 3 sec buzz come through the steering column to the steering wheel. (like holding an electric shaver) Anyone have this problem? Any suggestions? It's getting annoying.

Took some pictures...

View attachment 389796

Sounds like you have the steering auto-correct on with the vibrate the steering wheel. You should spend more of your down time reading the manual. There’s a world of discovery in it.

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have the steering auto-correct on with the vibrate the steering wheel. You should spend more of your down time reading the manual. There’s a world of discovery in it.
Hey thank you very much. That is probably it. I really appreciate it. I have read the manual, as in the 5 or so books you get are on my night stand, I have been going through them. This is a great forum.

Edit: That was it. Dang the button is down near the gear shift, I’ll probably keep hitting it. Thanks again.

Last edited:

weimer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sooo... I've been thinking about getting the Forscan,not techie at all, how was it to navigate?
Tia
I read a bunch on the internet, watched a bunch of videos, and read the FORSCAN tutorial from the post on the F150online forum. I'm no techie either but it was very simple. I was able to use an old *** laptop(MAC user) that I had so all I had to buy was the OBD adapter and the one year FORSCAN license. They do have a free one but it was only 12 bucks for a year. To me it's worth it to give them some money to keep it going. Very cool program.

julien194b

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rotated tires and decided to clean the wheels and wheel well areas while i was at it. Also discovered I need new brake pads with the Alcons, only about 15k miles on them too.

View attachment 389706

View attachment 389707

Before

View attachment 389708

After
View attachment 389709

New pads already?
View attachment 389710

I mean when the little cutout on the pad is gone, it's time to replace no?
That’s a little disappointing. Hoped the pads would last longer. DO NOT regret the performance though! Now I have to find out if there is a Ferrodo DS 2500 fitment. Pretty sure one is not listed.

@nikhsub1, can’t remember, did you have the Alcon rear pads as well?

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s a little disappointing. Hoped the pads would last longer. DO NOT regret the performance though! Now I have to find out if there is a Ferrodo DS 2500 fitment. Pretty sure one is not listed.

@nikhsub1, can’t remember, did you have the Alcon rear pads as well?
I emailed Chris at Alcon the pic of my pads, he said I probably have 5k ish miles left on the pads but to check them at 3k. They also now make a longer lasting, less dust pad that is said to not be harder on the rotors but stopping power is reduced a bit.

No the rear rotors and pads are from FactionFab.

Kurtj29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting sick and tired of just barely clearing getting my truck in the garage. I removed the trim around the inside of my garage door. Gives me another 2 inches of clearance. Anyone else have this problem? I am just scared to death of messing up my fender flares... The truck is 86 inches wide and it was 94 inches, that is only 4 inches on each side, now I am up to 5 inches. Every inch counts - "that is what she said.." hahahaha...

1674523710211.png

Last edited: