What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
May I ask why? It is just a coil of wire making an electric magnet. Used in hundreds of automotive applications and normally very reliable. (3 channel ABS system has 6, 4 channel ABS has 8, just in the ABS HCU)
Because it stopped working

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left side harness was a pita but overall was an hour job start finish incl test drive. No more stiffness and my eclik can do its magic. Put some dielectric grease on em before i put them back on, lots of crap in the shock i had to clean out
DD5723BE-195E-42E7-AF12-193C962EA6B2.jpeg

Space Ghost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What indication did you get that it had failed? Did you get a warning light on the instrument cluster?
No codes, but i suspected they were going faulty with intermittent stiffness-permanent full stiffness. Ford then confirmed the rear solenoids were the issue. Replacements seem to have fixed it. Talking with SDi and they said it was rare for them to fail and especially both to fail. Just lucky me

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No codes, but i suspected they were going faulty with intermittent stiffness-permanent full stiffness. Ford then confirmed the rear solenoids were the issue. Replacements seem to have fixed it. Talking with SDi and they said it was rare for them to fail and especially both to fail. Just lucky me
Oh that is very rare for that type of actuator.