Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Jepper, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Kaz109

Kaz109 Full Access Member

congrats I know your wife will love it. What else did she cross shop it with? Just curious as my wife went through the same process

2. Zeusmotorworks

Zeusmotorworks Full Access Member

Same here... was looking at the AMG 63 S as well.

3. NASSTY

NASSTY FRF Addict

Nothing worth taking pictures of....But I did the mirror spot light mod. With the stock set up the spot lights only work @ 5mph or below. Now the spot lights work at any speed.

GR8Ride and MDJAK like this.
  4. Russ103

Russ103 Full Access Member

She tried out a Cayenne S, GLE 450, Audi Q7 (by far the worst in this category if you want my take or hers) and I even got her to check out the Range Rover Sport, something that went against her “must be German” want in a car.

The X5 was the immediate and clear winner to both of us. Although she drove and wanted the 6 cyl version, I can proudly say that my persuasion skills are still sharp enough to have gotten her to go with a TT V8.

What’s crazy to me is that the Cayenne S costs almost $20k more then the X5 she got, and has a lot less power. I was expecting a lot more from Porsche.

5. Romel

Romel Member

Bought the tailgate relay last summer and finally got around to Wiring it up to my AUX6 Switch.

Should’ve been a stock button, but oh well. It’s great to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. zombiekiller

zombiekiller EXO Crewmember

[​IMG]
    Finished wiring some of my lights. And installed my new intercom and PTT buttons.

GR8Ride, K223, MDJAK and 11 others like this.
  7. Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S Full Access Member

I was considering your exact BMW as my SUV garage queen and ended up buying this last production model in 2018...it’s not as fast as yours but fun to put your foot into it....

A063C472-3322-4964-B1C1-D2B2592B087F.jpeg

K223, GordoJay, MDJAK and 3 others like this.
  8. Russ103

Russ103 Full Access Member

Your G63 isn’t as fast? Because I have a hard time believing that. Or were you referring to the Lexus?

Also, a G63 is in a totally different class of its own with no competition.

Todd Turbo S likes this.
  9. MDJAK

MDJAK FRF Addict

On the topic of X5 vs the competition, here's my two cents which due to inflation is probably worth half a cent. but I speak from experience, not from a test drive.

I owned a 6 cylinder X5 few years back. Very competent vehicle, super smooth transmission, and the inline 6 is a thing of beauty.

I've also owned a 2020 M5. Power? Gobs of it. One trick pony? Indeed. Straight line speed is what it is. Fun to step on but not much else to it. Steering as vague as some questions around here. In fact, it sucks. Zero road feel, no clue where the tires were pointed.

Was seriously considering an X5 M50i loaded. Had a deal in the works. Until I realized it'd be more of the same, horrible dash. Not to engage in superlatives, the the design of the tach is probably the worst I've ever seen, and I've owned over 20 brand new vehicles in the past 7 years.

I've also owned 3 Porsche Macans, an S and 2 Turbo models. You cannot begin to compare the quality and drivability of a Porsche to a BMW. BMW are lease machines. Everyone and their mother drives one. A Porsche is a much different feel, whether it has the same power or not.

I just bought a 2021 Cayenne GTS. it puts the driving experience of the M5 to shame. it's got real steering feel, handling, and the surface coated brakes on mine are beyond compare to anything I've experienced, including both of my 911s that I tracked multiple times.

The brake pedal on my 2020 M5 was terrible, even with those XL pizza pie size disks. I immediately complained that it had a hitch at the top of the stroke. What did the BMW service reply? Oh, look how big they are. As if that has anything to do with a brake pedal that felt unnatural from the moment I got in the car. Zero attempt to fix it.

Yeah, even a trackhawk has gobs more power than my Cayenne GTS, As does the TRX over the Raptor. But I'm not trading my Raptor for it. I will when the Gen3 is out though.

George S and isis like this.
  10. MDJAK

MDJAK FRF Addict

Love your pup.

Todd Turbo S and isis like this.