What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only mod to the rear (so far) is the Icon leaf springs on option 2. Still haven’t actually measured it but I’d guess it’s maybe half an inch to an inch higher in the rear with the tent etc. worth noting I went with the kB voodoo aluminum rack to save some weight
Awesome info - thank you.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like!! Where did you buy? Do they have the faster color in black?

I found it on a site called Alexlnd.com, a Chinese site I never heard of before. I think it's like a Chinese eBay. I was looking to buy a cheap wife and came across the site. They have red, white, and gold in that one, and green, blue, and black in a pretty similar skull that I thought also looked pretty good. It's actually an ABS shift knob that I modded. It was some work, but I was bored this weekend and it was raining. It comes with a heavy bushing epoxied in to the knob that would attach to your shift lever.

I covered the skull with thermal insulating compound I had and hit the bushing with an acetylene torch for a few seconds and I was able to separate it. The compound keeps the heat from wrecking the paint. Then I drilled it out from the bottom about 90% of the way to the top with a 3/4" bit to take most of the weight out of it. It feels similar to a billiard ball. Drilled the top just slightly larger than the antenna. Taped it up with painters tape and shot the hole with "Great Stuff" expanding foam for windows and doors. Let it cure and size the hole it to what ever antenna you have. The foam is nice because it has some give. Once I sized it, I just hit the little bit of foam that was visible with black magic marker and it blends right in.

Insulating compound comes in handy with guns, jewelry, and similar things where you have to watch the heat gain of the piece you're working on. It's good stuff and reusable.

https://www.riogrande.com/product/E...2MrVyljeA0uhtcF10mRoCV78QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Alenlnd skulls

https://alexnld.com/?term=&s=UNIVER...LL+CAR&post_type=product&taxonomy=product_cat

Last edited: