What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

34 Tact

Reaction score
Fox Factory Race Series 3.0 come from the factory adjusted to deal with the factory rack. However in my case I also went with Deaver’s +3, which adds 1” of ride height to the rear. So I need to adjust the front coilovers to deal with it. Hope it helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure does, thank you. Does Fox allow you to request the amount of height when purchasing the front 3.0’s?

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure does, thank you. Does Fox allow you to request the amount of height when purchasing the front 3.0’s?

Nah. They come standard with that height setting; as well as standard high and low speed compression setting. They did send me info on tuning them.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

You can adjust the height of the front shocks with a preload spanner wrench. You adjust the threads up or down to dial in the height exactly where you want it.

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can adjust the height of the front shocks with a preload spanner wrench. You adjust the threads up or down to dial in the height exactly where you want it.

You are correct, but what Fox told me directly is to use a spring compressor to remove spring tension off the preload ring.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Nick!

You're welcome! Let me know if we can help get you setup!

You are correct, but what Fox told me directly is to use a spring compressor to remove spring tension off the preload ring.

That's definitely the best way to do. Another option is to get the truck off the ground in the front and get the suspension to full droop and then adjust with the spanner wrench. I'd recommend an alignment after the fact.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. Where did you get the stickers?

I got mine from Rocky Mountain Graphics as well. Just be sure you cut the F 1 5 0 letters individually, before you try to put them on together. The spacing
on the paper and clear plastic is different than on the applique emblem.

Viral Peas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed some backup lights. I wasn't looking to flood behind the truck with a ton of light, just to increase it enough when needed. Picked up some Rigid Ignite and mounted them under the bumper and hooked them up to an upfitter so that I wouldn't blind people every time I backed up. Next up is the F250 license plate light housing swap. I want to get rid of the halogen bulbs but don't want the side effect of brighter LEDs shining right up into the camera and the angle of the F250 housing address this.

IMG_2241.JPG

Ignites off:

IMG_2243.JPG

Ignites on, not super bright but enough to light up the area:
IMG_2244.JPG

From the rear with them off:
IMG_2247.JPG

From the rear with them on:
IMG_2248.JPG

erolivas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed some backup lights. I wasn't looking to flood behind the truck with a ton of light, just to increase it enough when needed. Picked up some Rigid Ignite and mounted them under the bumper and hooked them up to an upfitter so that I wouldn't blind people every time I backed up. Next up is the F250 license plate light housing swap. I want to get rid of the halogen bulbs but don't want the side effect of brighter LEDs shining right up into the camera and the angle of the F250 housing address this.

View attachment 118823

Ignites off:

View attachment 118819

Ignites on, not super bright but enough to light up the area:
View attachment 118820

From the rear with them off:
View attachment 118821

From the rear with them on:
View attachment 118822

I’m curious on your proposed F250 license plate housing swap. Is there that big of a difference in the housing?

Viral Peas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m curious on your proposed F250 license plate housing swap. Is there that big of a difference in the housing?

There's an extensive post located here on the F150 forum about the swap. There's a little bit of trimming of the F250 housing and the cutout in our bumper cover. But it does address how upgrading to LEDs washes out the backup camera at night. I think this is the real reason why Ford didn't put LEDs and stuck with halogen. Cheaper to put lower lumen bulb in than to redesign/retool the bumper cover for all F150s. The added benefit is that the F250 housing comes with LEDs but you're in for about $25 for each side which is considerably more than swapping out just the bulbs. Plus, as mentioned, there's a bit of modding of the housing and bumper cover which a lot of people don't like to get into.

I ordered the parts on Friday and they should be here on Monday. Hopefully I'll have some time early next week and I'll post pictures on this thread. I already have taken the before pictures that show how the light casts up toward the camera due to the housing angle (or lack there of).