Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Jepper, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Kirby Lastinger

Kirby Lastinger Full Access Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S Full Access Member

I
    nice job. Would you mind posting pictures after you install and comment on the fit. I have a non bezel bracket that I was told would allow for adjustability so all the lights fit within the opening and are not cut off by the bumper opening, but it’s not possible with the bracket I was sold. Feedback appreciated.

CDN_Raptor likes this.
  3. CDN_Raptor

CDN_Raptor Member

Will do. Just waiting to get my truck back from the shop for the matte wrap and tint.

I was really torn about witch kit to get. I liked the bezel due to the fact that it looked "finished". I had some concerns about the farings cutting off the light beam but Offroad Alliance assured me that they wouldn't. I also got the light guards wheel well extensions.

Todd Turbo S likes this.
  4. isis

isis Full Access Member

D96F2791-6C5A-452F-8669-72266FB24097.jpeg
    AAC65537-BA21-4161-9F1A-0E3F9E7295D7.jpeg 228236CF-1E2B-42B6-B024-DDED8CD99895.jpeg Just arrived today for my 5-yr old from my brother.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
    Raptus, CobraJay, raptorpaul and 5 others like this.
  5. Kirby Lastinger

Way to start the addiction when they are young. We all have a responsibility to our children and grand children to teach them to appreciate great vehicles. I hate to think about having a grandchild driving a Prius or Tesla truck.

I worked hard to keep my son on track. He has always been into trucks since his first electric Big Foot Truck 25 years ago. His first truck at 16 was a new Tacoma we lifted, did a gear change, riding on 35’s. His last one was an F-350 on 37’s. He sold it to buy a house, but has a 2000 4 runner he is working on slowly. He is going to make it primarily a trail/camping rig. He is a horticultural research scientist (Masters from University of Florida) for King Ranch in Florida so he drives off road everyday, and of course in a Ford F-150. He is a hard core Ford guy.

6. Kirby Lastinger

Way to start the addiction when they are young. We all have a responsibility to our children and grand children to teach them to appreciate great vehicles. I hate to think about having a grandchild driving a Prius or Tesla truck.

I worked hard to keep my son on track. He has always been into trucks since his first electric Big Foot Truck 25 years ago. His first truck at 16 was a new Tacoma we lifted, did a gear change, riding on 35’s. His last one was an F-350 on 37’s. He sold it to buy a house, but has a 2000 4 runner he is working on slowly. He is going to make it primarily a trail/camping rig. He is a horticultural research scientist (Masters from University of Florida) for King Ranch in Florida so he drives off road everyday, and of course in a Ford F-150. He is a hard core Ford guy.

7. Kirby Lastinger

[​IMG]

8. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

I have this kit- albeit w/ different lights- & the position of the fairings doesn’t effect the output at all. I also liked it because it really looks as if it came that way from the factory- I purchased during cyber Monday last year so got the rear protective pieces w/ the set- I think they did they’re job fairly well over the winter.

I have 2 rigid radiance fogs each side w/ Amber halo effect & 1 set of KC hi-lites w/ amber lens. Upfitters 1&2 turn on the full fog light function on the 2 sets rigid cubes, #3 activates only the halo function on both sets & #4 controls the KC hi-lites

CDN_Raptor likes this.
  9. Denvertaco07

Denvertaco07 Full Access Member

Washed
    Removed front license plate holder - drill out rivets.
    Installed Swarfworks front plate mount
    Installed RockBlokz flaps - front only, need ratcheting screw driver for rears. I don't get why they used the hardware they do, i had to paint the screw heads black, not a big deal cuz I had the paint, and then they use phillips screws instead of like a hex head that i could use exising tools to install, but anyway fronts look great and were very easy to install.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  10. CDN_Raptor

CDN_Raptor Member

Good to know re: light cut-off. Thanks for commenting!! :happy160:

I went with BD S1 with amber covers on upfitter 1 (I figured I'd be using these the most so I wanted it at the closest switch)
    BD SAE wide cornering in the middle on upfitter 3
    BD Squadron Pro driving combo on the inside, on upfitter 4

I left #2 upfitter empty for the higher amp rating for any accessories in the future.

How did you find aiming your lights with the fairings?

Badgertits likes this.