Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Jepper, Jan 5, 2018.

1. melvimbe

melvimbe Full Access Member

Took the dog there a couple years back and was expecting there to be at least a little bit of tension between alligator and dog. Nothing. My dog didn't even seem to realize that alligators were there, and the alligators didn't seem to care. I somewhat expect the alligators to be indifferent and used to pets in the park. However, my dog will go nuts over a bird flying within 300 feet of his yard, but not acknowledge an alligator 15 feet away?

Gerald likes this.
  2. Wilson

Wilson FRF Addict

well if we are talking about different vehicles and high mileage. I have a 2008 town&country with 274,000 kid mobile used e-30 and e-40 for all but maybe 10,000 where wife put in e-10 and I could tell every time. I'd tell the wife somethings wrong with this she would drop her head a bit and say I put e-10 in because of the hy-vee gas thing. well we both decided it's not worth it and e-30 it is. it actually dose the best with e-40 but not that many pumps around that sells it. it looked like new until last year a deer ran into the side of it.

3. Kirby Lastinger

Kirby Lastinger Full Access Member

That is a regular site in most bodies of water in Florida. There definitely are plentiful anymore where temperatures are generally warm.

Excellent eating when prepared right too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gerald likes this.
  4. Gerald

Gerald Full Access Member

What type of dog? I can see small dogs looking very appetizing to the gators. There are signs all over saying to keep your pets on the trails. I'm sure a few dogs that get too close to them can get snapped up pretty easily. We have an Australian Sheperd that is almost 15 years old. He can't make these camping trips anymore.

5. Kirby Lastinger

Kirby Lastinger Full Access Member

Gators are very quick. People and animals underestimate their speed on land for short distances. There are numerous dogs and people here who have encounters with gators with bad results.

Living in florida all of my life, and growing up hunting and fishing you learn to be very respectful of them. They also can move very stealthy. They are a predatory animal in the water and on land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6. Todd Turbo S

Todd Turbo S Full Access Member

Thank you for the advise, I’ll have to pick up some aluminum wrenches, i did not know that. I’m not very mechanically incline as this was a stretch for me to install.

7. K223

K223 Full Access Member

Yeah steel/chromed wrenches on anodized aluminum fittings will destroy the finish in no time. Look around for a decent set and then you have them forever and whenever needed.

I’d like to hear down the road how much that system catches. Again it looks pretty high tech and high quality. I’m only used to seeing that many AN fittings on my hot rod lol

8. Gerald

Gerald Full Access Member

Agreed! Several years ago we had the same situation with large gators sunning on the bank like these two. Back then we had the kids with us and fortunately we were riding bicycles. We walked our bikes past the gators and made sure to keep the bikes between us and them. That way we could toss the bike and run like hell. This time it was just me and the wife with no bicycles. So we made sure to give them a wide berth. If they made a move, there was no bike to toss........... but I knew I only had to be quicker than my wife...........:angels2:

Wilson likes this.
  9. alphatwox

alphatwox Full Access Member

Dog knew that he wanted none of that! LOL!

10. melvimbe

melvimbe Full Access Member

He's a mix of great pyreneese and lab, about 75 lbs. I wasn't thinking the gators were going to go for him, but I figure my dog would at least acknowledge that they were there.