What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want the latest version basically to expose the shocks? Personally I wouldn’t have gone this route if they covered mine. I think all the whole truck is like eye candy to me lol
I just want the upgraded design, if they will do it. I’ll probably find out where it covered the shock, that it scuffed the shit out of it. If I upgrade to aftermarket shocks I will definitely want them more exposed.

Mbdurham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious b/c I plan on adding console gun safe as well- why did you go w/ this brand in particular? I had “lockerdown” in previous truck & planned on looking into that for the Raptor- not sure what install is like yet on the Ford but on my GM def didn’t need to take much if anything apart.

I liked the E&G because it was split so I could still use half of the console normal with the tray and half as a safe. Install of the E&G wasn’t simple but wasn’t hard either. Pretty straight forward. I am very happy with it and wouldn’t change a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did the same. Big difference!! Only thing I didnt like was that I had to cut them some to make them fit. But definitely worth the $ and effort.

What areas did you cut? Might be obvious once I ha e them but would love some tips before I get started.

Bat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What areas did you cut? Might be obvious once I ha e them but would love some tips before I get started.
Had to cut the outside lip about 1/2" all the way around. It absolutely just would not fit/tuck in under the fender well without cutting it. Once I did it went in seamlessly and fits great on both wheel wells.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to cut the outside lip about 1/2" all the way around. It absolutely just would not fit/tuck in under the fender well without cutting it. Once I did it went in seamlessly and fits great on both wheel wells.

Awesome info thanks. What tool did you use to trim?

Bat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome info thanks. What tool did you use to trim?
I used a handheld jigsaw and just went from one end to the other about a 1/2" in all away around the outer lip. It still fits very snugly and still took some effort to get all of the lip tucked into the inner wheel well, but looks and fits great now.

Bat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only shaved about 1/4-1/2” off of one end and it was the first liner I installed. I really only shaved it as it wasn’t trimmed as smoothly as the other ends from the factory. It may have made bending it in just a little faster. But try not to cut these up or you may find in the end you have loose fitment. Takes some patience, but you will like the look.
Started with just a 1/4" but with two of us, we still just couldnt all of the liner lip to fit under, so we took another 1/4" off and then could finally get it tucked in.

It may be that the wheel liners are not consistent from order to order, but even the installers I know have said they all usually have to shave it down a bit to get them to fit under the lip.

CHMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a handheld jigsaw and just went from one end to the other about a 1/2" in all away around the outer lip. It still fits very snugly and still took some effort to get all of the lip tucked into the inner wheel well, but looks and fits great now.

Thanks again for the info, but moreso thank you for the excuse to buy a handheld jigsaw :favorites13: