What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mr OCD is at it again. What happens when it gets dirty? Complete re-do including under carriage?
Buy a new one of course...lol

I have a 2010 Toyota Sequoia that has 180,000 miles, all my buddies tell me it still looks new, and I take it to Lake Tahoe in snow ever winter...I hope our Raptors hold up as well as my Toyota, I’ve never done any mechanical work other than manufacturers required maintenance, new tires and brakes rotors...

CobraJay

Tweaker by trade
Reaction score

I have a 2010 Toyota Sequoia that has 180,000 miles, all my buddies tell me it still looks new, and I take it to Lake Tahoe in snow ever winter...I hope our Raptors hold up as well as my Toyota, I’ve never done any mechanical work other than manufacturers required maintenance, new tires and brakes rotors...

Any rust prevention on your Sequoia???

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score

well, it’s made of AL....so it damn well should hold up better as far as “looking like new” goes lol

As far as what I did to my Raptor today? Paid it off - purchased in Feb of last year & glad I don’t have any more payments, only 21k miles, & a warranty that runs for 4 more years 100k!

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any rust prevention on your Sequoia???
Zero exterior protection, other than weekly washes and monthly wax This started out as a new company vehicle, I really had no intentions of keeping it past the 3 year lease, but decided to buy out the lease from the company and move on to a different company vehicle and use this one as a kid and dog hauler. Not so much as a squeak or rattle, drives better than new as it’s broken in. Big believer of certain Toyota models, the sequoia is holding its value too.

A5503C0E-221B-4FE4-A20A-822C8F9DBBA0.jpeg

A95DAD58-3527-426E-A31D-A7E444477F63.jpeg

Todd Turbo S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, it’s made of AL....so it damn well should hold up better as far as “looking like new” goes lol

As far as what I did to my Raptor today? Paid it off - purchased in Feb of last year & glad I don’t have any more payments, only 21k miles, & a warranty that runs for 4 more years 100k!
Nice job, good feeling being debt fee...

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s held in place by friction pretty tight as well as some 3M pads that were included that provide additional hold. It’s definitely not going anywhere. It was a squeeze (dead blow hammer) to get it through the top of the vault and it’s held tightly inside which is slight larger. It’s truly almost like they were made for each other [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

just curious b/c I plan on adding console gun safe as well- why did you go w/ this brand in particular? I had “lockerdown” in previous truck & planned on looking into that for the Raptor- not sure what install is like yet on the Ford but on my GM def didn’t need to take much if anything apart.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice job, good feeling being debt fee...

thanks! Don’t have much of a choice- will have TWO kids in full time daycare starting next week when the wife goes back to work after maternity. Pretty much had to pare back all my debt aside from utilities/mortgage daycare costs so damn expensive

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well shit.. doubt they do anything for us that have had them for a year.
New design still have only the one screw?

Nope it utilizes two! One uses the the factory hole with a clip and then lastly drill another hole into the spot welded bed seam for the second screw after you have the liner mounted. It’s pretty rock solid.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope it utilizes two! One uses the the factory hole with a clip and then lastly drill another hole into the spot welded bed seam for the second screw after you have the liner mounted. It’s pretty rock solid.
Maybe its worth the reachout call this week ..:hmm:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe its worth the reachout call this week ..:hmm:

You want the latest version basically to expose the shocks? Personally I wouldn’t have gone this route if they covered mine. I think all the whole truck is like eye candy to me lol