What did you do to your Raptor today? (Gen2)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RexDad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely am not wanting more alarms, but I am very interested in this. Can you post a detailed list and pics of this mod?

Installed tailgate ajar warning along with a reed switch at the tailgate. Gives you a single warning when the tailgate opens in the instrument cluster. Once you hit ok it goes away. Used an existing opening in the tailgate and pinned the new wire from the switch into the connector. So if I decide to remove it’s completely reverse able. Magnet is 3m taped.

(Comments about “I don’t need another alarm, ding, warning, use your camera etc has all been heard before but are more than welcome.) When I go to Starbucks I want to know if my tailgate accidentally pops open when a GMC drives by.

f5934380448967e2bdd02e4c738d04b4.jpg

a3d28f405e3022a98a364aea6adff67c.jpgd3c8bd4a2e8e6c4385898dcb3ca2462f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Gerald

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washed the beast up after getting dirty from all the rain we recently got from Imelda. For this latest wash, I thoroughly rinsed the car completely with my pressure washer. Then I hooked up the foam cannon and sprayed the entire Raptor down. I let the foam sit on the Raptor for about 2 minutes. Then I rinsed everything off again with the pressure washer. I have to say, it did look fairly clean without putting a hand on it. Especially the wheels. Then I washed the entire vehicle by hand. I had to put up a canopy to help keep the direct sunlight off of the Raptor. Put some shine on the tires. Then I decided to put another coat of Gtechnique C2V3 on the Raptor since it's been about 3 months now since the last coating. I think the truck came out great!! Hopefully the rain stays away for several days now!!

Rap2.jpg

Rap1.jpg