What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color are you using? Just matte black or are you getting the matching color? Curious to see how it turns out!
Black. It will look just like the rectangle bumper inserts and it will not match the bumper. But it won’t look bad and you’ll never notice because it matches the bumper inserts. It will look good. I did it on my Gen 2.

billy8

Reaction score
Black. It will look just like the rectangle bumper inserts and it will not match the bumper. But it won’t look bad and you’ll never notice because it matches the bumper inserts. It will look good. I did it on my Gen 2.
Nice! I’ve thought about using plasti dip and see how that looks/works.

theOracle13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the CV Fab Titan V2 with TurboSmart BOV. Also a J&L oil catch can.

I’m going to get these installed then order my Cobb tune from Goosetuned

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've used Cerakote before and LOVED it on the trim of my 13 year-old Tahoe, but on a new truck like this with fresh plastic - why not just use a ceramic coating? IIRC I think Cerakote is supposed to last 2 years but modern ceramics go 5+ right?
Mostly just wanted something to protect the plastics from the high altitude sun. I had these wipes sitting around so I figured, why not? I also have some ceramic coating but I didn’t think to use that on the plastics. It turned out great though. I’m not sure that ceramic coatings really last 5 years? Maybe in ideal conditions?

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mostly just wanted something to protect the plastics from the high altitude sun. I had these wipes sitting around so I figured, why not? I also have some ceramic coating but I didn’t think to use that on the plastics. It turned out great though. I’m not sure that ceramic coatings really last 5 years? Maybe in ideal conditions?
ceramic coating are a scam. This is what ive come to. Detailers charging thousands of dollars to install them are scam artists.