What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jm77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you post the setup? Would love to do something like this!
All the lights are Baja Designs. Having used KC, Rigid, and Baja they are my preferred lights.

Up front I have the Baja fog light kit in the Pro version. Also have a set of LP4 ambers on SDHQ ditch light brackets.

In the rear I have:
S2 Pros clear wide corner under rear bumper using the factory mounting bolt.

Squadron Pro Amber driving mounted on the bed rail using SDHQ universal dust light mounts. Swapped out the provided hardware for stainless rivnuts.

Bulletproof Diesel 3rd Brake light mount with amber rock lights.

I’m using an SPOD Bantam to control all my lighting. I have the touch screen mounted in the glove box and am using the factory upfitter switches in the truck as my primary means of switching the lights on/off. The Bantam is basically a relay with additional features. Spod was mounted on a custom bracket I made in the engine bay.

I don’t think there’s a better way of wiring lights in this truck if you want to use the factory upfitter switches. I really like not having any additional switches visible, looks completely factory inside. I didn’t want a bunch of messy relays and wanted the strobe/flash/dimming/ and Bluetooth app capabilities too. It also makes wiring very clean and simple to add additional circuits in the future. Little expensive but everything can be removed and without any trace of it being there. No holes or cutting of anything.

I made all the wiring harnesses custom with Tefzel wire from ProWire USA. Shrink wrapped and then fabric sheathing with an additional plastic sleeve at any pinch/points of contact. Rear wires are run through the frame rails.

Here’s a thread I posted showing the Spod install. Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

raisins

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the lights are Baja Designs. Having used KC, Rigid, and Baja they are my preferred lights.

Up front I have the Baja fog light kit in the Pro version. Also have a set of LP4 ambers on SDHQ ditch light brackets.

In the rear I have:
S2 Pros clear wide corner under rear bumper using the factory mounting bolt.

Squadron Pro Amber driving mounted on the bed rail using SDHQ universal dust light mounts. Swapped out the provided hardware for stainless rivnuts.

Bulletproof Diesel 3rd Brake light mount with amber rock lights.

I’m using an SPOD Bantam to control all my lighting. I have the touch screen mounted in the glove box and am using the factory upfitter switches in the truck as my primary means of switching the lights on/off. The Bantam is basically a relay with additional features. Spod was mounted on a custom bracket I made in the engine bay.

I don’t think there’s a better way of wiring lights in this truck if you want to use the factory upfitter switches. I really like not having any additional switches visible, looks completely factory inside. I didn’t want a bunch of messy relays and wanted the strobe/flash/dimming/ and Bluetooth app capabilities too. It also makes wiring very clean and simple to add additional circuits in the future. Little expensive but everything can be removed and without any trace of it being there. No holes or cutting of anything.

I made all the wiring harnesses custom with Tefzel wire from ProWire USA. Shrink wrapped and then fabric sheathing with an additional plastic sleeve at any pinch/points of contact. Rear wires are run through the frame rails.

Here’s a thread I posted showing the Spod install. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you! I didn't know this thing existed. Also appreciate your write up, I may pick your brain when my truck comes and I begin installing.