What did you do to your Gen 3 today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
retrax pro xr Tonneau Cover and yakima overhaul HD Racks....

So I went with the retrax pro xr...for the t-rails. Like many have said...there are alot of good choices for tonneau covers...but they all have a trade-off or compromise in funtionality. So far the retrax has been great...install was very easy after I researched some youtube videos and this forum. Install took 2 hours...I went slow and was watching GP Racing. The Yamika Rack appears to be very well built...the install on the rack took less than an hour...the racks would have taken much longer to install had I not utulized the tonneau kit option....

We tried a couple tent options. My wife and I weigh @ 375 lbs total---not sure we should be up there safely in the nest....our 3 boys loved being in the nest. The maiden tent voyage was in our back courtyard...mom and dad will use the pick-up bed with gel mat was our bed...it's actaully pretty comfotable for 2 adults in the bed of the truck. Our road trip for 2 nights will be in Alpine in a couple weekends...my wife is wondering why we dont use our class c...Our boys want the full camping experience---
cheers

Attachments

• D5A39552-62F2-49D5-BB14-DE2CCC79DDEE.jpeg
    D5A39552-62F2-49D5-BB14-DE2CCC79DDEE.jpeg
    236.3 KB · Views: 250
  • 694AE2AD-E87D-4032-B1AE-D0269BBA2EDA.jpeg
    694AE2AD-E87D-4032-B1AE-D0269BBA2EDA.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 247

Sanibel

Reaction score
I picked up my 2021 Raptor last week (lead foot gray, 801A package) then took it back to my excellent Ford dealer five days later, so am continuing to drive my 2017 Raptor (I kept it, didn't trade it in.) The issues I had are multiple, and all seem to have to do something with the Synch 4 electronics system. For starters, instead of being allowed to choose preset radio stations, the Synch4 Screen is preloaded with a random list of 100 or more and, as I was informed, it is impossible to delete them. So, the driver must create a ‘profile,’ and choose favorites, then, to play or switch a station, must go through Tunes>Profile>Favorites process again. Worse, after creating a favorites list on my profile (which was time consuming) sometimes my list of favorites appears in my profile, sometimes it does not.

When system is linked via cable or Bluetooth to my iPhone, the Audio Source button reveals options: AM, FM, Sirius Radio. But “Sirius Radio” sometimes does not play when chosen. Afterward, when I disconnect my iPhone, Sirius, via Audio Source, sometimes remains a Dead button. A voice command is required to access Sirius Radio — hello to the same lengthy factory list of random presets.

When I try to shift from Normal to Slippery, etc the truck computer sometimes freezes in Towing or Deep Sand or Baja. On a rainy day, this requires me to park and wait for the computer to catch up.

There are others: For the first three days, upon shutting off the truck, I was alerted with this sinister warning: Check Back Seat for Passenger! I finally figured out how to negate this, but why ship the truck from the factory with a default setting that seems designed for serial killers?

Sometimes interior lights don't come on, sometimes they won't go off for 20 minutes or so.

Do you Gen 3 owners have similar problems. The people at my Ford dealer are excellent, but the company seems to have abandoned intuitive simplicity for complexity. Thus far (aside from the ride) I much prefer my 2017 Raptor.

planetMalone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you provide any more pics in the sunlight? Was thinking about going this route on mine when I get it.

May also ask Josh if he can do some custom colors and go with a lighter blue for a throwback to the Gulf livery.
IMG_0003.jpeg

Here's one I took today. It looks touched up, but I promise it's not. The color is just that vibrant.

OP
OP
Antho

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whose brackets and wiring did you use?

@TurboD97 I made my own brackets and made my own harness. The spots are on Aux 1. I ordered the connectors for the factory wiring and put those ends on the Spot lights. The driving and flood lights are wired all the way up to the upfitter wiring at the battery box.

TurboD97

Reaction score
@TurboD97 I made my own brackets and made my own harness. The spots are on Aux 1. I ordered the connectors for the factory wiring and put those ends on the Spot lights. The driving and flood lights are wired all the way up to the upfitter wiring at the battery box.
Wow! That's a skill set that I don't have. They came out very nice, good work.

OP
OP
Antho

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow! That's a skill set that I don't have. They came out very nice, good work.
@TurboD97 Thanks. Nothing special. I would have bought for SPV due to their customer service, brackets and harness’ they make but needed this done before a trip.
Heres a pic of the connector for the factory AUX1 wiring.
D60A6B3B-9663-4715-AC29-9E0E35432B26.jpeg
Connector and pin part numbers if anyone else is interested.
A7195AF0-0216-4532-8BDA-D300D39EF4B5.jpeg

Last edited: