What did ya pay…..MSRP, ADM Poll

POLL…..What did you PAY?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long did it take you to look that up ? Or did the spell check do it for you because it’s obvious you didn’t pick up on the pronunciation usage. Typical MH.
I’m not the one who talks like a 4 year old.

Anyway,
Like I said before, I can’t wait to pick up a GT3 for 5k under when everything crashes!

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not the one who talks like a 4 year old.

Anyway,
Like I said before, I can’t wait to pick up a GT3 for 5k under when everything crashes!

Ok S*** for brains, I guess a ford raptor is comparable to a GT3. Again, typical MH.

jajones45

Reaction score
This recession could have very little impact on car prices. An individuals need for a vehicle doesn’t change because of an economic event. One could argue that the luxury car market (including a raptor) could take a hit but that’s pretending that the supply for these vehicles is very high (which it’s not). If many manufacturers adapted their model to resemble the Teslas of the world with the “made to order” model, than you’ll see price stabilization or continued increases on sought after models low production models. I manage a personal loan portfolio of a few hundred million. I’ve seen how that portfolio has reacted through 2008, COVID, and present (with indicators changing daily) and 2 things are clear. Every recession impacts assets differently, every recession has a different impact on different classes of individuals.

I’m not justifying my 10k markup I paid. I’m just saying that many that bought at MSRP seemed to be buying the 21’ model in 20 and present day is an already different supply/demand curve. “Your guess is as good as mine” as to what happens to the price of our vehicles. All I know is that most dealerships have 1 or 2 raptors allocated and are taking fees for the 23’ orders. A lot has to change before that goes away. If you bought at MSRP, than you may be sitting on some equity for a while. The other likely scenario is that Ford builds in additional cost to the MSRP and hides the mark up.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the rub. do you pay the adm or not on principle. that only you can decide. people can criticize all they want. who cares, I know I won't lose any sleep over it if they do. if the times were different and we could see a correction in the future I would have held out but that has yet to be seen. I got my 18' for 4500 under msrp when they had 11 - 19' on the way to the dealership. I knew that wasn't going to happen again soon with all the crap going on I took a somewhat of an educated gamble and snatched up a 21 mid January for $10,000 adm, that someone backed out of. I had two order in mid December one at msrp and one 2500 adm. it turned out neither had allocation and the one that said msrp started to back pedal a few days later. Say what you will about adm, in hindsight I made the right decision for me and got lucky. they gave me 2500 more for gen 2 on trade in then the other two dealers would plus I would have to gave them my gen2 before my truck came in for that price.

so if I would have waited until who knows when. I would have given up all the little things the ford eliminated on the 22, lost out of the low 1.9% (about 4% now) rate I got, still probably wouldn't have it and the biggest thing is that if I priced out the same options for the 22' now with the 21' I ended up getting which was pretty much everything I wanted except the graphics. with all the price changes I would have paid $5k more.

10,000 more plus the taxes so $10,600
approx 2k in interest savings. only finance half (2,000)
trade in difference. (2,500)
savings for price difference. (5,000)
graphics cost I basically threw away by removing. 1,075

I paid approx $2,175.

more by getting it in January rather than who know when. IMO for me it was well worth it because I got everything I wanted and didn't have to delete item I really wanted to get it faster. and I got all the little things like lighted cup holder temperatures on the knobs etc.

for some waiting makes sense for others it doesn't so the criticism is futile and will fall on death ears. at least to me it does.

Last edited:

ME120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats the rub. do you pay the adm or not on principle. that only you can decide. people can criticize all they want. who cares, I know I won't lose any sleep over it if they do. if the times were different and we could see a correction in the future I would have held out but that has yet to be seen. with all the crap going on I took a somewhat of an educated gamble and snatched up a 21 mid January for $10,000 adm, that someone backed out of. I had two order in mid December one at msrp and one 2500 adm. Say what you will about adm, in hindsight I made the right decision for me and got lucky. they gave me 2500 more for gen 2 on trade in then the other two dealers would plus I would have to gave them my gen2 before my truck came in for that price. it turned out neither had allocations.

so if I would have waited until who knows when. I would have given up all the little things the ford eliminated on the 22, lost out of the low 1.9% (about 4% now) rate I got, still probably wouldn't have it and the biggest thing is that if I priced out the same options for the 22' now with the 21' I ended up getting which was pretty much everything I wanted except the graphics. with all the price changes I would have paid $5k more.

10,000 more plus the taxes so $10,600
approx 2k in interest savings. only finance half (2,000)
trade in difference. (2,500)
savings for price difference. (5,000)
graphics cost I basically thru away by removing. 1,075

I paid approx $2,175.

more by getting it in January rather than who know when. IMO for me it was well worth it because I got everything I wanted and didn't have to delete item I really wanted to get it faster. and I got all the little things like lighted cup holder temperatures on the knobs etc.

for some waiting makes sense for others it doesn't so the criticism is futile and will fall on death ears. at least to me it does.
What ever rationale you need to use to justify stupidity, that’s ok.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not really a rational. its a numbers game and I was willing to take a chance. just like Vegas. all on black or red. like I said if you read it carefully obviously most don't know how to. I said I took a gamble and I got lucky. at the time I hadn't a clue that would work out. their wasn't a rationalizing anything at that time I wanted it and gambled. next time read carefully.

I find it plain stupidity to not do what you need to or want to do just because of money or what others think. live life enjoy. we are only here for a short time live life. have fun. ILL SLEEP VERY WELL TONIGHT. have a nice life living with your decisions, their yours and they work for you they wouldn't work for me. free country . I cant take the money with me when I die. so ill have a blast until I do.

Last edited: