What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed out 2 of 3 blend door activators, the drivers side is working so didn't have to remove the complete dash as in the video that @CoronaRaptor posted, only had to remove the center console and radio to access the blend door that controls the passenger side, see video posted by @Droid, the third blend door is accessible from under the steering wheel.

First pic is upside down.....next to the steering wheel :ROFLJest:
Close up of the blend motor......had to shorten my 5/16 socket to get the back screw
Third pic is of the door behind the radio.
Close up of the blend motor behind the radio.....with blend motor removed

Overall was fairly simple to do......beats $700-$800 at Ford!

Sorry to ask but I am not sure what is being done here.. Can you simply explain what you are doing in the pictures

Sano Dano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sano, how many hours did it take to replace the two doors and what is your hourly rate? The reason that I ask is that I've been told it takes 6-7 hours of labor plus the $150 door itself.

Took me about 4 hours....only had to removed the center console/radio to replace the blend motor that controls the passenger side. CoronaRaptor posted a video that shows the steps to remove.

The blend motor that controls the driver side is working fine, its the one that the dash needs to come out. $$$

The third one, it controls the floor vents, I think, is easy to get to from the panel below the steering wheel.

The one for the passenger side was $62, the lower vents was $31....don't know why the price difference they almost look the same.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Sorry to ask but I am not sure what is being done here.. Can you simply explain what you are doing in the pictures

No Problem!

The heat/AC venting is controlled by three "Blend Door Activators (motors)".

They have been know to go out thus you will get heat/AC only on one side or the other, very common problem from my understanding.

Thread on http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/replacing-blend-door-actuator-37002/

Since the driver side in my truck is working fine, and its the one that requires the removal of the whole dash, I only had to remove the center console to get to the one that controls the passenger side.

The pictures show the locations of the two Blend Doors I replaced.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took me about 4 hours....only had to removed the center console/radio to replace the blend motor that controls the passenger side. CoronaRaptor posted a video that shows the steps to remove.

The blend motor that controls the driver side is working fine, its the one that the dash needs to come out. $$$

The third one, it controls the floor vents, I think, is easy to get to from the panel below the steering wheel.

The one for the passenger side was $62, the lower vents was $31....don't know why the price difference they almost look the same.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

No Problem!

The heat/AC venting is controlled by three "Blend Door Activators (motors)".

They have been know to go out thus you will get heat/AC only on one side or the other, very common problem from my understanding.

Thread on http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f39/replacing-blend-door-actuator-37002/

Since the driver side in my truck is working fine, and its the one that requires the removal of the whole dash, I only had to remove the center console to get to the one that controls the passenger side.

The pictures show the locations of the two Blend Doors I replaced.

Perfect and thank you. I to had the same issue but was still under warranty.

fjcoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotate tires, new breaks all around, touch up painted calipers and changed oil

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9304ddd8e563afdb4d36d829b06e5716.jpg

Smoked the 3rd brake light. Matches the rest a little bit better now.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Looks like you could do more coats. The more coats, the darker is looks. Still can see the lights through the tint well, just makes the outside looks more black and not grey.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:

mitcha

Reaction score
Looks like you could do more coats. The more costs, the darker is looks. Still can see the lights through the tint well, just makes the outside looks more black and not grey.
Thanks, I'll add some more tomorrow. I didn't like how that's the only light not blacked out.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
More snoball prep.

* reinstalled the passenger side hid headlight after fixing one of the halo rings
* swapped out some failing led bulbs in the headlight
* installed the new tablet mount
* removed the old tablet mount
* cut a mount plate for the radio head for the little cubby on the passenger side, not sure if this will be the final location though
* last coat of paint on the winch mount before it goes back on in the morning
* made some new wiring harness for the front cubes and 40" bar

de0e84f02505683d5333ae3c4d2f6249.jpg