What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score
All this to drop the 6r80. The entire exhaust, 2 heat shields, both driveshafts, transfer case, starter, flywheel shield, transmission crossmember & mount. Time for a nap.
I worked at a local Ford dealer from 2001-2004 ish as a transmission tech and I remember that at that time, I could get a trans out of an F series in under 30 min...Although I got into a different field for work a few years later, it Seems not much has changed with these trucks. Although I dont remember ever having to touch the exhaust for that job.

Hope I dont have to do this for quite some time!

What lift setup is that?

Last edited:

vtwinjunkie

Reaction score

Nice. Does it get the truck high enough to get the wheels off the ground? (hard to tell from the picture)

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The exhaust crossover tube heat shield is hung from the trans crossmember, so removing the exhaust made it easier to get the transfer case off. It also allows you to lower the output end and then get a 13mm socket on three feet of drive extension to hug the soundproofing and reach the top 2 bolts.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Raptor frame is 26" off my floor, so even the rear tires at full droop are 3-4" above. The best feature is that it breaks down into 90lb sections; I can load it into a truck bed myself. My last Bendpak weighed 1100lbs.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
I developed a misfire yesterday on cylinder two. Any and all productive advice would be greatly appreciated. It started immediately after filling up with gas, if that helps or matters.