What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Thinking about it more, there's just no way with the type of driving I do that could cause that small section to strip open. Maybe with heavy sand dunes or gravel use but I see none of that.
Right. Mine is low also and ive done some dirt roads etc. mine looks fine. Now that i see this can be a possibility im gonna have to move it jic..

MEIRONMAN207

¿Goin somewhere...What are RU waiting 4?
Reaction score
I checked for misfires in different speed ranges and none…however, still had a leak coming off 7 & 8 ignition coils same as I did the first time at 90K after moisture from rain gets in through the vents. So I did a full tuneup, spark plugs, wires, but replaced only the boots, and resister bits…40K miles later, here we are again leaks. I removed the OEM coils , 5-8 all corroded resisters and boots split during removal, real PITA! Surprisingly, was not getting any codes or noticed any misfires! So, I just rebooted, etc., the OEM coils again, for another 40K + miles? Nevertheless, enjoy the carnage… #4 was as new?390F4B43-98D6-4F7D-8B55-CC6B3BD7BFCB.jpeg86467165-7865-45B3-8150-E4EFA3E93847.jpeg

Last edited:

bwep

Reaction score
I checked for misfires in different speed ranges and none…however, still had a leak coming off 7 & 8 ignition coils same as I did the first time at 90K after moisture from rain gets in through the vents. So I did a full tuneup, spark plugs, wires, but replaced only the boots, and resister bits…40K miles later, here we are again leaks. I removed the OEM coils , 5-8 all corroded resisters and boots split during removal, real PITA! Surprisingly, was not getting any codes or noticed any misfires! So, I just rebooted, etc., the OEM coils again, for another 40K + miles? Nevertheless, enjoy the carnage… #4 was as new?View attachment 384957View attachment 384977
Wow I'm still on all original stuff @ 10 years and 78,000.:rolleyes:

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to change the oil and rotate the tires yesterday. Took one step outside and noped the eff out. Too damn cold to lay on the concrete to do the oil change. I have the full warranty from Discount Tire for lifetime rotation and balancing at no cost, so they take care of that crap. The tech at discount tire found a nail in the right rear tire so they patched that up. I had no idea as the tire never got low of air.

The local oil change place has always been good to me and all my vehicles, and used to be a good value for the service, so I went there. The last time I got the oil changed, it was $100 back in April for Royal Purple 5w20, so I bought the supplies to change my own oil three times for the cost of one change at the local place. It's gone up from $75 in 2021 to $100, to $116 yesterday. I can afford it but damn, that is just way too much now. Inflation is way out of control, something's got to give.

I need to change the transfer case and front differential fluid at some point, and I am not looking forward to that at all. The weather got even colder today down to 14 degrees from a high of 45 yesterday.

At the beginning of this year, I went ahead and bought quite a few parts that are general maintenance items I anticipate needing, like brake pads, front IWE hubs, the full vacuum system for 4x4 with a couple extra check valves and actuators, ATF Fluid/filter, gear oil. I also got a damn good deal on a set of four Fox Shocks that need to be rebuilt so those are put up for the eventual swap that's needed. I probably should go ahead and get another set of tires and put them up just in case.

Last edited:

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score
Started her to make sure the recent subzero temps didn't kill the batt'tree
Been living on a prayer with my battery since I bought my truck over two years ago, glad she didn’t need a jump to crank yesterday morning after sitting in sub freezing cold for a couple of days.