What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropped the pan on the transmission and replaced it with a pan that has a drain plug. Replaced the filter and refilled with 7qts new fluid. Also replaced the factory dipstick with a B&M transmission dipstick. I had a fluid pump that made the job easier and did not make too much of a mess. I probably should have ordered a replacement lead frame while I was in there but I hadn't got around to ordering one. The next time I replace the filter, I'll have a new lead frame ready to go. The hardest part of the whole deal was putting in the new filter and lining up the new pan and gasket.

On all of my previous vehicles I've owned, I've always replaced the transmission pan with one that has a drain plug so I could drain and fill easily. I'd usually do a drain and fill every other oil change and a filter change every 30k miles. I've never had a transmission issue doing this. It may be over doing it but I figure the cost of fluid was cheap insurance.