What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sean sealer behind the pinch welds and hammered them the last 25% flat. Also tried to get it in the cuts as well

View attachment 356416View attachment 356417
This is what I like to see, people doing things correctly so it last! Now wash that frame that's exposed and easy to get at. Then spray a little bit of silicone spray over it, will look good for a little while, ha ha.
1653693764656.png

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what I like to see, people doing things correctly so it last! Now wash that frame that's exposed and easy to get at. Then spray a little bit of silicone spray over it, will look good for a little while, ha ha.
View attachment 356433
Now your getting ahead of me, lol.

Next step will be raptor liner on the firewall.

I’ll clean the frame up and paint the front section of the frame when I pull all the “items” off of it, probably in the next couple weeks.

I will look into that silicone spray though. Does dirt stick to it? Because this thing will probably see some more dirt, at least dust from a gravel driveway.

@The Car Stereo Company Also I just noticed another typo in my above post lol.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now your getting ahead of me, lol.

Next step will be raptor liner on the firewall.

I’ll clean the frame up and paint the front section of the frame when I pull all the “items” off of it, probably in the next couple weeks.

I will look into that silicone spray though. Does dirt stick to it? Because this thing will probably see some more dirt, at least dust from a gravel driveway.

@The Car Stereo Company Also I just noticed another typo in my above post lol.
I used silicone spray on my quads and dirtbikes for the plastics, but we only used them in the dunes, dirt never stuck to them, the stuff dries, doesn't stay wet. Well the stuff I used to use did anyway. I haven't tried the stuff I posted, I assumed it would dry to the touch as well. Couldn't find my old brand, used to buy it at the Yamaha dealer in Coos Bay, kept the plastic shiny, but didn't last with getting sandblasted, so might not be for you. I thought maybe you were building a SEMA truck, ha ha.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I used silicone spray on my quads and dirtbikes for the plastics, but we only used them in the dunes, dirt never stuck to them, the stuff dries, doesn't stay wet. Well the stuff I used to use did anyway. I haven't tried the stuff I posted, I assumed it would dry to the touch as well. Couldn't find my old brand, used to buy it at the Yamaha dealer in Coos Bay, kept the plastic shiny, but didn't last with getting sandblasted, so might not be for you. I thought maybe you were building a SEMA truck, ha ha.
Not quite a SEMA truck lol. I have used Amsoil HDMP but it seems to attract dust as well.

I have been spraying the shocks with a quick wax and it seems to have helped with rinsing dirt off. I may try it on the frame for a test. I’m not trying to make the thing surgical room clean or have a fancy finish, just make it easier to clean up. Can’t inspect for damage, rust,etc if it is covered in red clay or silt.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out why my right blinker has been blinking fast. Checked all bulbs and found the front parking lamps were silvered and bad. Got some LEDs to replace them with but the right side still won't light up at all. Did notice the plug is a little burnt and the PO spliced into the wiring to run the backlit SVT lights on the side vents. I'm thinking the plug and/ or wire splice may be the culprit. Will try to find a junkyard donor. Pretty sure it's not a fuse as the driver side marker is working.