What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
If you are not running the wires into the center console to use for the dvd option it is actually not that bad. Just have to remove the pieces in the center of the dash and nothing in the center console. Hardest part is just removing the screws for the parts and prying it to get to the screen to pop it out.
Gotcha. Im on the fence about the dvd part but i may just do it so i dont have to take it apart again if i change my mind. Lol.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is no dvd interface you have to connect. once you plug in the t harness it does it by using the front defrost button, just as you would use the nav while driving or front camera. the front defrost button controls it. the rear defrost button activates the rear cam. the only wires you need to run are the front camera it is basically disconnecting the gps antenna internally. allowing you to access dvd, video input, and nav all while in motion

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
there is no dvd interface you have to connect. once you plug in the t harness it does it by using the front defrost button, just as you would use the nav while driving or front camera. the front defrost button controls it. the rear defrost button activates the rear cam. the only wires you need to run are the front camera it is basically disconnecting the gps antenna internally. allowing you to access dvd, video input, and nav all while in motion
Im so new to this kind of mod, i was just excited I could use the cameras whenever and didnt even think about the other stuff it does lol

The gps still work with the antenna disconnected or am i over thinking this?

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would settle for my front camera simply working at this point. Everything it's there. Connections Clean. But even when I follow the manual it will not enable. For the rare time I may use it I haven't bothered to really diagnose it down.

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im so new to this kind of mod, i was just excited I could use the cameras whenever and didnt even think about the other stuff it does lol

The gps still work with the antenna disconnected or am i over thinking this?
no. when you activate the video in motion the gps does not track you. once you deactivate it, it picks you back up. kind of like going into a parking garage. also when you turn the truck off, everything returns to normal and you have to reactivate it if you want to use it again

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would settle for my front camera simply working at this point. Everything it's there. Connections Clean. But even when I follow the manual it will not enable. For the rare time I may use it I haven't bothered to really diagnose it down.
camera might be bad. seen it once or twice. very rare though