What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you get a replacement hardness for the door for a reasonable ish price. I know in GM land you can for about 100 CAD. So that's gotta be about the price of a Tim's double double down there. Then it's OE fixed and no splices to fail again.
Not likely, but wouldn’t be the first time I’ve been wrong. Do you have a pic n pull wrecker near you. If you can find a good used one off any f150 same yearage it should be good, that way you can practice on a junkyard truck taking it off.

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something like this

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well nm what i said. This is way easier than my chevy i had. Lol

Its definitely been fixed before… View attachment 352984

W t f
View attachment 352990
the wires bend the most in the middle. i would cut the wires back about an inch from the connector and solder a new wire to each end with some marine heat shrink. make the wires about 1.5 ft long. run them into the door and access the ends from the speaker opening. make your other half of the connections there. do not try to make the entire repair in the rubber boot. what you see, will repeat itself again, even with solder. you want your connections as far away from the middle of the boot as possible, due to the way the wires and boot bend when the door opens and closes. if you can find individual pins, that would be the best way to go. crimp on new pins with 1.5 ft of wire and have no connection/repair in the boot to avoid premature failure

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something like this

although this maple sippin canuck didnt apologize for your wire failure, this is also an option. a bit more pricey, but completely oem