What did u do to your raptor today?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Right?!! I had a hard time deciding, rarely use 4WD but last time I tried the left side was popping in and out of engagement. Kinda pointless to lug all that front diff, CV shafts, driveshaft and transfer case weight around ALL the time, just to have one or both IWE's fail on the rare occasion you need it (I seriously considered just going 2WD only when I lived in NM). Granted I've never had a problem before but I have poked around in the IWE last time I had a half shaft out and that plastic gear...kinda sketchy. Hopefully I'm not swapping CV shafts soon as a result of the RCV but we'll see.

Yeah. I use it basically just in the winter when it gets bad. I just hear the delete kit can cause more wear on other parts (I forget what now) so thats why im on the fence. Im gonna look into it more later on though, got other stuff i should do first lol

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did the dorman IWE delete setups roughly a year ago. I have not noticed any ill effects yet. 4x4 only gets used a few times a year. mostly when out hunting in deep snow. tho when it does get used it gets thrashed. so far nothing bad has surfaced. I do tend do due fluid changes yearly as i have cheap and easy access to fluids. with that said the fluid I am dumping into the drain pan usually comes out looking like new. the dorman part number I installed was 600-405. it has barbs for the vac lines so no caps are needed. I think for moderate offroad use they will remain reliable.

funkified

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rebuilt shocks from shocks by hammer arrived. Getting them installed today.
Found a tailgate with the coveted tailgate step. I’m getting old and all those injuries on the job have taken it’s toll. Be much easier to get in and out of the box.
what was the cost of the rebuild?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My rebuilt shocks from shocks by hammer arrived. Getting them installed today.
Found a tailgate with the coveted tailgate step. I’m getting old and all those injuries on the job have taken it’s toll. Be much easier to get in and out of the box.
PICTURES??? Are you too old to use your phone to take pictures yet? If so, ask the kid next door to help you, lol.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Well i got the hoses today, thermostat, Oring and new housing bolts, and outer tie rod yesterday. Just waiting on the water outlet housing and a day off so i can go grab the 87 gals of coolant lol.

…so now i also have to add on an oil change since the message popped up. Lol

Attachments

• 86626A5D-9B53-4D5E-93D5-220278F4FE2A.jpeg
    86626A5D-9B53-4D5E-93D5-220278F4FE2A.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 19

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well i got the hoses today, thermostat, Oring and new housing bolts, and outer tie rod yesterday. Just waiting on the water outlet housing and a day off so i can go grab the 87 gals of coolant lol.

…so now i also have to add on an oil change since the message popped up. Lol
Dont forget to degrease that engine before you tear into it. I want clean pics with those hoses in place, lol.

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thinking about picking this up and making an overland trailer out of it... The price is steep, so I'm not rushing out to buy it but its an idea I've been toying with. An 09 to 14 8 foot bed would work even better.